Notices

High Miles?

Old 02-23-2003, 04:28 PM
THAT DAMN GOOD!
Me gusta sexo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Miles?

Has anyone had any experience with high mileage (damn, I cant remember how to spell it, oh well) Honda Civic Si's (1991)? What is the possibility that a 1991 with 277098 will even run (has sat for a couple of months)? And if it does, how long would it last? Ok, I think I should end this post, I am having problems... "Only registered users are eligible." why does that confuse me? (sorry)

too much :drunk:
Old 02-23-2003, 06:34 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Whoa that a **** load of miles. It might run might not. If this is the abandoned one I would bet it doesn't run. Not a big deal there are tons of engines you can put into it. Get a ZC engine for $500 switch around a couple wires for the distributor and bang there you got a better newer engine then before.
Old 02-23-2003, 07:00 PM
brtecson
pukimonster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

the car in my my sig had 306k miles on the original engine. it was then swapped out for a zc. there werent any drivetrain probs, it was just too slow

all cars are different tho. see if you can get some behind-the-wheel time of the car that you have in mind.
Old 02-24-2003, 12:43 PM
THAT DAMN GOOD!
Me gusta sexo

Ok, I am pretty sure that I am going to give up on my current car (1988 Volkswagen Jetta), its on its third engine, and my uncle has had so many problems with it, I dont want him or me to loose any more money, so I am at the point of "**** it". I am just sick of that thing (so much wasted money!). I know that the Honda wont be much better (yes, it is the "abandoned one"), but I was thinking that maybe I could do something... like go through and take apart the engine and clean it all and then put it back in (with some new parts (hoses)), and it would get me around for a while? Or am I just dreaming a little bit too much. I dont even think that a car with that many miles (all of which I know nothing about) can really last that much longer, that is why I am reluctant to spend $500+ on a new engine (if I get the damn thing). Im thinking that I can use it until it breaks something major, and by then I will have gained some more money from work (part time sucks, high school sucks!), and hopefully it would last at least through the summer ($4 grand a summer, I would have about $8 grand to spend on a car...). Oh well, this has turned into a rather large rant, but oh well.
Old 02-24-2003, 03:41 PM
RiceBoysDream

just do the basics if u get it full tune up timing belt water pump coolant flush,tranny flush, spark plugs,new cap and rotor, spark plug cables, flush out brake fluid new radiator hosesm thermostat, oil change, add some fule injection cleaner and it should run fine. those miles are nothing for a honda, if u do what i said that car will run another 200k without a problem if u keep up the maintance. vw parts are expensive bro $127 just for spark plug cables just aint worth it for a vw, with that much money u can do almost all the stuff i mentioned above to the honda.drop that vw and get the honda, although i do admit i have a love affair for those old skool scirocco(sp?)...
Old 02-24-2003, 04:28 PM
THAT DAMN GOOD!
Me gusta sexo

Originally posted by RiceBoysDream
just do the basics if u get it full tune up timing belt water pump coolant flush,tranny flush, spark plugs,new cap and rotor, spark plug cables, flush out brake fluid new radiator hosesm thermostat, oil change, add some fule injection cleaner and it should run fine. those miles are nothing for a honda, if u do what i said that car will run another 200k without a problem if u keep up the maintance. vw parts are expensive bro $127 just for spark plug cables just aint worth it for a vw, with that much money u can do almost all the stuff i mentioned above to the honda.drop that vw and get the honda, although i do admit i have a love affair for those old skool scirocco(sp?)...
About how much do you think that all of that would cost? THANKS! And Sciroccos are nice. I would love to have one of those things!
Old 02-24-2003, 04:34 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

my crx had over 300k miles on the original engine/tranny before i modified it for track racing...even the a/c worked up til i ripped it out

as much as the vw guys don't want to admit...a honda is just better built for the long run...and are far cheaper to repair
Old 02-24-2003, 04:54 PM
THAT DAMN GOOD!
Me gusta sexo

I went to go visit the car today...damn they put a lot of miles on her...297,756. I was like ****. I feel sorry for that poor little thing, I just now need to get the thing. God, itwould be so good if she ran.