Notices

removing resonator air box

Old 02-11-2003, 01:00 PM
RiceBoysDream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removing resonator air box

well today i was bored so i decide to take the resonator box out. i got everything out except for the one screw, the one behind the bumper lense. how the hell did u guys remove this screw? i sat there for a good hour trying to remove the screw and nothing. so all i did was take out the hose that connects to the air box from the resonator box and that did the trick, but i dont want that big ol box down in my fender well. how did u guys remove theis box?

let me know, and the car sounds great without that hose, sound slike i got a cai.
Old 02-11-2003, 04:37 PM
GreenMachineREX
Banned

ahhh...sound like u got a cold air intake?

u remove the whole stock air box or just the res. box? if u removed the res box thats dumb
Old 02-12-2003, 11:05 AM
RiceBoysDream

not the air box the resonator box that sits in your fenderwell. u remove that and the upper part of the resonator box has a hose that goes to your airbox. i removed the hose. the hose is like a y. i wanna remove that box that is my fenderwell. u cant really see it cause of the fender liner.

that resonator box does nothing but muffle, the sound of the car. kinda like an exhaust resonator.how is that dumb?
Old 02-12-2003, 12:39 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Did you take out the bumper light?

I don't know if you just didn't want to deal with all the hassle or not, but all that stuff is easier to get to with the bumper off also.
Old 02-12-2003, 12:53 PM
RiceBoysDream

yea i took out the bumper lense and i still couldnt get to it that well, maybe it was because of the cold weather or i have ****ty tools. i dunno. how hard is it to remove the front bumper? is it hard do i have to remove the headlights,fenders?? i know that for the 4th gen accord u have to do alota ****.
Old 02-12-2003, 01:07 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

There's some bolts behind the turn signal lenses, and I think that's it really... I haven't pulled one in a while so I don't remember totally.
Old 02-13-2003, 06:22 AM
excitid

to remove the bumper take out both turn signals loosen the bolts behind them and take out the two phillips screws from each side of the bumper located in the wheelwell part of the bumper right below where it meets the fender. once its loose you will be able to take it off. Oh there may be a bolt holding it on right under the front in the middle if your bumpers never been taken off before. Hope this helps......
Old 02-13-2003, 12:53 PM
RiceBoysDream

thanks guys ima look into this i dunno when cause this weekend we are gettin hit with a storm...i hate the eastcoast!