Notices

finally got my crx!

Old 02-05-2003, 03:42 PM
RiceBoysDream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally got my crx! 89 si

i got it tonight around 7:20pm, its too quiet but hell who cares. i have a problem though my hood wont open, the cables still attached to the inside latch but the latch pulls all the way and i dont hear the clung from the hood latch. can anyone tell me how to open up my hood?

peace
Old 02-05-2003, 04:08 PM
GreenMachineREX
Banned

try having someone opening ( pulling the thing from the inside) and someone outside pushing down on the hood..... worked on my old civic hatch...

u bought a crx without looking under the hood....''WE GOT A N00B HERE!''
Old 02-05-2003, 04:28 PM
Bogatyr

RiceBoysDream,
Well, congrats on getting your CRX. Do as GreenMachineREX mentions to loosen the latch. So, other than being too quiet, what can you tell us about the car?
But to further his comment, were you aware of this shortcoming when you bought the car? You didn't really look at it without inspecting the engine bay, now did you?
Bogatyr
Old 02-05-2003, 05:46 PM
RiceBoysDream

omg u guys think im that much of a noob, lol nah i had inspected the car a month ago, and i gave the guy $$ down to hold it for a month and i went and picked it up tonight. it was $1800, i need an oil pan gasket cause it leaks a lil, hatch struts, and some brake pads.

car has new timing belt, waterpump, l/r axles, clutch, radiator hoses, new coolant and had an oil change recently done w/honda oil filter, and rotors were cut cause the rotors were in need of resurface, and its got new exhaust from honda(musta been an arm and a leg!). the interior is clean, no tear in driveside seat.

i also got a radio with new harness, clear corners that came in a box, original owners manuel and a few other goodies.

the bad part is its got the rust in the usual spots , my sunroof wotn open without my help and this hood issue. other then that the cars preety nice. ima clean it out tomorrow, caus ei got it tonight and its friggin cold. ill keep you guys updated, i might lower it this wekend!

peace and thanks for the advice on the hood ill try it tomorrow.
Old 02-05-2003, 06:55 PM
hybridhondahatch
for that added pep

congrats.

if the hood latch inside is very loose id suggest taking off the front bumper ( screws in front of the wheels in well, under front bumper, and behind bumper lamps) and see if the cable disconnected from the latch. if it did just reconnect it and clip the little ribbed washer thinggy into the notch next to the latch and it will work
Old 02-05-2003, 10:23 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

I remember when my hood cable broke off it's bracket... but I really don't want to make a "how to open a 3G hood from the outside" post, since it's not morally right and doesn't really doesn't apply to a 4G... at least I don't think it would. Needless to say, I can now open my car's hood from the outside in about a minute, even though my latch is working properly again.
Old 02-06-2003, 02:52 AM
Bogatyr

RiceBoysDream,
Hmm, Honda exhausts don't cost that much. I put an OEM exhaust on my 1984 CRX. This runs almost the whole length of the car, from the tailpipe, to just after the A pipe, total cost: $88. I can't argue with that. Same Honda quality that was there from the start, guaranteed to break at the muffler / tailpipe weld. Heh, what good is it using stainless for the pipe, if the muffler is cheap metal...argh.
So it sounds like it's had most of it's maintenance done. What year is it and what's the mileage?
BTW, look here for some oil filter reviews:
http://www.ntpog.org/reviews/filters/filters.shtml
He compares the 15400-POH-305 we all know so well to other filters. I contacted him to cut up a Hastings filter and put the review up there, he didn't get to that yet.
Bogatyr
Old 02-06-2003, 04:40 PM
RiceBoysDream

thanks for all the replies guys, i got it insured today, and its on the road, but damn its gonna snow tomorow, ima lower it saturday im going to my buddys house to his heated garage to do my suspension, id use my garage but my one corolla wont start.

tonight i noticed a weird thing though, i was with my buddy showing him the ride and all and im going up to his house and theres a hill, well right b4 the hill theres a stop sign, so i take off smoothly in first to about 3k then i gun it hit 2nd and the clutch seemed to slip a lil but the car was still moving, its done this to me a few times but i always think its me doing an error, cause other times i do it it wont do the slipping feeling.

the clutch is new its only got like 10k on it, do u think it needs adjustment? should i adjust the cable? if so can you guys tell me what to do.

thanks