Notices

a few ZC questions

Old 01-28-2003, 06:15 PM
hybridhondahatch
for that added pep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a few ZC questions

B4 i order my zc (soon i hope) i have a questions.

first: can i use my stock DX axels? they're the same spline as the si's right?

second: do you really have to rebuild (all new gaskets and such) it b4 u put it in? i mean people are getting b16 's of the same age and arnt rebuilding them and they are holding up.

third: what shift linkage shoul i use? would a stock SI shift linkage work (it should right, i mean a zc is basically d-series w/ duel cam head)

thanks for awnsering my dumb questions

also how do u think this'll compair to a 91 si w/ a b20? i think the b20 would win but by how much?

b20=126hp and ~130 lb/ft of torque
zc= 129hp 109 lb/ft torque
Old 01-29-2003, 04:52 AM
WhiteRice

1) Which tranny are you using? DX tranny? ZC tranny? Si Tranny? Unless you're running some boost, you'll be disappointed w/the DX tranny. I recommend getting new axles (unless the DX's are new). Good time to change them for maintenance reasons.

2) I HIGHLY recommend changing all gaskets while engine is out. I understand that people aren't changing them and they're fine, but the "what if's" come into play. Don't go cheap on this. Just like #1, maintenance reasons...but to each their own.

3) I used my Si linkage. Your DX linkage should be fine.

Holler if you have any more questions.

Regarding your B20 vs ZC question, I'll give it to the B20 for torque things (ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL).
Old 01-29-2003, 07:23 AM
hybridhondahatch
for that added pep

Originally posted by WhiteRice
1) Which tranny are you using? DX tranny? ZC tranny? Si Tranny? Unless you're running some boost, you'll be disappointed w/the DX tranny. I recommend getting new axles (unless the DX's are new). Good time to change them for maintenance reasons.

2) I HIGHLY recommend changing all gaskets while engine is out. I understand that people aren't changing them and they're fine, but the "what if's" come into play. Don't go cheap on this. Just like #1, maintenance reasons...but to each their own.

3) I used my Si linkage. Your DX linkage should be fine.

Holler if you have any more questions.

Regarding your B20 vs ZC question, I'll give it to the B20 for torque things (ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL).

well i plan on buying the complete swap, that should include a zc tranny, the passenger side axel was new in like july and the drivers one clicks a little bit and will be replaced. timing belt and water pump are a given and will prolly do a head gasket as well B4 i put it in. my cars an auto now () but i have an si linkage already.

the reason i asked about the b20 is because the best time my buddy could pull on the track was a 14.9, and everyone claims zc's run simalar times
Old 01-29-2003, 11:09 AM
WhiteRice

If you get the ZC tranny and the intermediate shaft, you'll need teg axles (which are equal lengths).