Notices

Feedback on this car

Old 01-18-2003, 08:52 AM
4Gen4DoorAccord
I love rice...w/ teriyaki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feedback on this car

This is my best friends car, i just wanted to post some pics and see what you guys thought of it. He is not even close to done and when it is done he will paint it electron blue pearl. Here is the specs

89 civic 4 door dx, 90-93 integra headlight and hood conversion, 98-02 accord 2dr tail light conversion, custom metal widebody (in process, front will come soon), b18b motor swap with I/H/E, full body kit with modified rear bumper and side skirts, Air cylindered with one compressor and a 6 gallon tank and 10 switches, shaved handles, moldings, rear reflector, sidemarkers, custom made motorcycle gas cap in widebody, m3 mirrors, Celica GTS leather front seat conversion and 90-93 integra rear seat conversion, ADR tesla 17s in pic but sold and now has chrome enkei 17s. Still to come:
Finish rear metal widebody and start and finish front metal widebody, finish handles and moldings on front doors, Start fiberglass custom made dash and tweed interior, and much more thats undecided.

Just looking for feedback from you guys on what you think, Thanks.

Old 01-18-2003, 08:54 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Gah!!!! :barf:
Old 01-18-2003, 08:55 AM
4Gen4DoorAccord

any comments backing up "gah?"
Old 01-18-2003, 09:01 AM
wagon89

Both those cars are nasty and gay, I don't feel so bad about my wagon now.
Old 01-18-2003, 09:02 AM
4Gen4DoorAccord

Ok please explain why they are ugly and gay, i want to know what you think, and im mainly concerned about the grey primered one cause the accord is mine and its not what im looking for feedback on.
Old 01-18-2003, 09:16 AM
wagon89

Very easy, The grey car has E30 M3 style wide body rear fenders And by no means will it ever have enough HP to need bigger wheels and tires, And the integra front end it must be an integra not as its still a DX honda civic. I don't want to even guess how much bondo that car has in it And the Z3 fenders on your accord is it a Z3? And yet it has air cyls so is it a low rider? but wait it has a carbon fiber hood so it must be a race car? You asked for feedback and well thats my 2 cents
Old 01-18-2003, 09:23 AM
4Gen4DoorAccord

Just because a car has something similar to another car doesn't mean the the goal was to make it look like that other car. I have z3 fenders on my car because i think they look cool, not becaue i want it to be a z3. A carbon fiber hood because i think it looks cool and matches my headlights, not because im going for race car status. The grey civic put that widebody together because it makes the car stand out more and looks much better, not because it wanted to look like a bmw. It isn't going for race status either but the b18b swap is decent in that small of a car to get some go, and he has 19 inch wheels for when he goes to shows on your wheels comment. The civics stock headlights he thought looked like **** and he hated them so he decided to go with the integra headlights because it makes the front of the car look much better and the cowl hood makes it look mean also, most people actually think that his car is a 4 door integra. And on the bondo comment, he has very little, he has been working with metal since he was 15 and his dad is a professional welder and he knows his metal and uses very very little bondo on his work. The air cylinders provide a lot of fun when we go out on weekends, along with adjustable suspension is like a luxury so that when there is a big ass bump or something we have to go up or anything you can just lock it up and not worry about it, not to mention all the damn attention it gets. But to all his own, i know people that think his car is ****ing sick as hell and then i know people like you that think its ugly, i just want detailed feedback. Thanks, Dave
Old 01-18-2003, 09:32 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

the way they look lowerd as such you can't even drive out of a driveway without scratching up a lip or too

the gray civic has no flowing lines...it literally looks like a frankenstein...as for the rear end...its a fwd car with what looks like a rwd widebody effect for racing purposes...17" wheels do not belong on any ef civic in my opinion...they are heavy and poorly affect acceleration, braking and significantly increase the suspensions unsprung weight making it harder to control the car at its extremes (overtasked)

however...these are my opinions...i'm one that is fuction over form...i have my rex and it looks like a pos...until you race it...i have a mp5 wagon...i'm slowly changing it over so it'll go faster yet safer...i don't put on tint b/c it looks cool but to keep the sunlight out of my passengers eyes...the only thing remotely cosmetic i'll do is on my wifes civic to put in side markers so others can see when you are turning better (not for looks)
Old 01-18-2003, 09:38 AM
4Gen4DoorAccord

lol they are lowered, and have adjustable suspension so that they can raise the whole car at any point, hence driving out of a driveway. I understand that what you do to cars is different then what we do to cars, we dont really go for speed or safety, we go for looks. Check out our car club for example, http://wetdreamz.net, almost every car in there has no go and all show. We have about 3 cars that are into race(they are fast also, a 240 with an sr20det, a 91 hatch with crvtec built spraying 150 shot, sentra sr20det), but otherwise it is all show. Considering this, please post feedback on the cars and pretend that they are never driven and are for off-road show use only. Pretend that work and hours into the car of body work and imagination of doing something no one else does count more then if the rims are too big or if the widebody looks as though the car is rear wheel drive.
Old 01-18-2003, 11:04 AM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

The body lines don't flow. The back end is just nasty. The bumper sticks out too far, the tail lights don't fit well, and where the rear fenders wrap around is very awkward. The front end conversion is ok, but where are the corner lights? It makes it look hacked without them. The front bumper is the only thing that's rounded on the whole car, so it looks out of place. I'm sure it will look a ton better once the front doors are done being shaved, but the rear fenders are going to take a lot or work to make the seam at the rear bumper look ok. The mirriors match the bumper, and nothing else. They look out of place... What kind of garbage can is that tip? And what's up with the monster tach?