Notices

CRX Engine swap

Old 01-10-2003, 03:49 AM
excitid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will you be doing the wrenching yourself or are you going to have a shop build it for you. 11 seconds = alot of money and alot of dyno time to get it tuned properly. I can only assume that you have alot of cash or are really skilled at engine building because a normal b16 swap runs around 2800 - 4000 dollars depending on the shop. turbo kit about 2500 and up for the amount of boost you'll need. You will also need some kind of engine management zdyne about 1000 I think since you'll want the best. I guess what I'm saying is you gotta have alot of cash to hit 11s but if the desire is there I think we will be able to help you get started its just that most of us don't condone street racing because it can be dangerous not to mention the possibilty of losing your car that you have spent so much time and money on.
Old 01-10-2003, 05:38 AM
Pissant

I will be saving alot of money because I am doing the work Myself. My friends dad has his own shop and let's us use it after hours. I am also going to college for auto mechanics. So I have that part covered. I don't know to much about honda's engines and I love Crx's this is why I came here.
Old 01-10-2003, 05:41 AM
Pissant

If I go out east there is a drag strip where you can run your just as long as there is no snow on the ground. It cost about $10 for 2 runs and that is were I will be racing. The reason I said street racing is because I'm not going to have dragster and more than likley I am going to try and keep it street legal.
Old 01-10-2003, 06:10 AM
WhiteRice

Zdyne Gold SECU is only $750 (not $1000) if you can get in a group w/4 others. Which isn't hard to do if you know where to go.

If you aren't going to have a dragster, then why go to the drag strip? Try to get into Auto-X.
Old 01-10-2003, 07:01 AM
Pissant

Auto X? Dragstrip you can get an accurate time for your car. Safety. What I mean by drag car is I don't want a car running 8's I'm still going to drive the car and go to shows.
Old 01-10-2003, 01:29 PM
excitid

Originally posted by WhiteRice
Zdyne Gold SECU is only $750 (not $1000) if you can get in a group w/4 others. Which isn't hard to do if you know where to go.

If you aren't going to have a dragster, then why go to the drag strip? Try to get into Auto-X.
so where would we need to go for this discount price.
Old 01-10-2003, 01:34 PM
WhiteRice

It would require going to a different forum. PM if interested.
Old 06-07-2003, 06:50 PM
cwhiteboy

An 11 second car is not a street car. It can be, but its not very enjoyable to drive in everyday traffic and so forth. Why don't you just build a b16 and get it into the 13's. A 13 second car is plenty fast enough for daily driving, and there are not that many off the assembly cars (import or domestic) that run faster than 13's, so you'll still have fun messing with all the mustangs and what not.
Old 06-07-2003, 10:29 PM
brtecson
pukimonster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

back from the dead? woah
Old 06-09-2003, 10:06 AM
crxb16er

first of all u cant get a crx to be a 8 second car and even 10's and 11's are very hard and require an amazing amount of money and tuning. building a very respectable 12.2-14 second car is more realistic, you can go with a
zc DOHC (137 base hp) direct swap over
b16 (160 base hp) very quick easy install requires new mounts
b18 series hp varies, a little more work and not a whole lot more power than a b16
h22 (200 base hp) requires alot of work and cutting back ur firewall in order to mount the engine in, custom mounting required as well as hacking and rewelding the frame.

my suggestions follow:
for a 150-250 hp go with either a zc or a b16, you can turbo both or build n/a or nitrous setups for either relatively easily, and a b16 with a turbo and nitrous setup will run you about 8000 dollars no installed, so it is quite a bit of money
a b18 can crank out up to 400 hp with a turbo or turbo/nitrous setup with fine tuning but this is a more expensive option
h22 with a turbo is amazing not that hard to crank out 300-450 hp but due to the car having so much torque and a heavier engine, the car will not have good handling, and traction will be difficult not to mention it requires changing out almost everything in ur car.

it is most realistic to make a zc or b16 setup, the others require much knowledge of the car. and lots of time and money for a car that isnt that drivable, great for show cars and all out drag cars but not good for a daily street driven car.