Notices

carb for 1gen CRX

Old 12-30-2002, 02:17 PM
spdzone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carb for 1gen CRX

I have an 85 CRX with the original motor. Yeah, Yeah I know I should just swap it out but the engine's been overhauled and I'd hate to let a strong engine go to waste.

My question is, does anyone know who makes a performance carb for the EW1?
Old 12-31-2002, 04:32 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

1stgencrxer is your man...he has dual webbers on his and other mods to take advantage of the extra power
Old 01-01-2003, 06:31 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Default Re: carb for 1gen CRX

Originally posted by spdzone
My question is, does anyone know who makes a performance carb for the EW1?
There is a weber downdraft kit you can get for just under $400 that will work with your carb'd head. Beyond that you'll have to swap to the Si head [non-CVCC design], get a manifold from either Peirce or TWM, and then you can use DCOE Weber sidedrafts, Mikuni's, or Dellorto's. They all pretty much look the same, but Webers are the original, and generally preferred carburetor. Downside is that the dual DCOE kit is around $1100-1200. The downdraft kit will let you get rid of all the extra vacuum line and emissions crap, which lets you drop about 30 lbs and the carb has a larger throat than the stock carb, with an honest secondary, instead of that vacuum operated wannabe on the stock carb, so it should get you about 10 or so HP over stock. The sidedrafts can get you a lot more, but I know how budgets can be.

I ordered my carbs from www.carbs.net , and would recommend them. If you don't want to order new carbs, you can look on ebay for used stuff, or there are places that will modify you stock carb to have adjustible jets and such, really only good if your going IT racing.
Old 01-01-2003, 09:01 AM
RiceBoysDream

ill sell u my 40mm dual dellorto sidedraft carbs for $300 shipped, they came off of a running car, i have no use for them cause im short on money for another project car. price is firm and carbs are clean.

let me know outuvit02@hotmail.com
Old 01-01-2003, 12:48 PM
spdzone

thanks guys for your help.

yeah i'm a little strapped for cash. i've been wanted to sell the car actually but everytime I drive it I want to put more and more money into.

check it out on yahoo:

http://classifieds.autos.yahoo.com/c...ty,-time+1&cf=