Notices

crx for 1900.... yes or no

Old 12-26-2002, 12:03 PM
brtecson
pukimonster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default crx for 1900.... yes or no

Its in crappy condition, but has plenty of potential.

My friend is selling it cause he needs tuition money. It has a b18a with ~200k miles at least. I doubt that it would pass emissions cause it smokes like crazy [white smoke]. I say its in crappy condition because it is faded yellow with black patches. There is no more rust tho. The other mods besides the b18 are a tanabe dtm style exhaust [not sure tanabe even makes a crx dtm exhaust], a generic intake, and some kind of aftermarket front bumper. I think it has Civic SI or some GSR rims. Cant remeber.

The asking price is 1900.

I'll post pics in a few hours when I get home. I dont know if its worth it to buy a car that I would have to swap the engine before I take it to emissions.
Old 12-26-2002, 03:22 PM
excitid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it an si. The white smoke is probably a blown head gasket. I would probably pay that much for it and it does save you a bit if your considering a swap. YOu would already have mounts, shift linkage and a b series tranny so I assume you could get just b16 and drop it in and be good for awhile. That stuff saves you about 1000 if the b series tranny it has is in good shape. If it just needs paint and the body is in good shape then offer him 1500 and if you are mechanically inclined you should have it up and running in no time,
Old 12-26-2002, 04:04 PM
brtecson
pukimonster

its an old pic. it no longer has those rims, so i think it has the gsr rims now. There's an unpainted/unprimered front bumper that was installed after that pic was taken.

Do you guys think it would pass emmissions with a blown head gasket? I thought I would have all the time in the world till school starts again [jan 22] but i guess i was wrong. i wouldn't have any time to work on it till spring break.

Money really isn't too much of an object here. Its all about if it would survive without any work for a few months.

Any suggestions
Old 12-26-2002, 06:46 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Sounds like a good deal.
Old 12-27-2002, 12:07 AM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

****, you can do a head gasket in a weekend... I'd get it for that price. After the head gasket is in there, you'd have a nice little project car, that's already got a great engine in it!
Old 12-27-2002, 05:33 AM
WhiteRice

Yeah, that seems like a decent price. If you don't want the b18, like excitid said, you can sell it and get a b16 engine. You've got everything you need.

Is that dude droppin' a gang sign!!!!
Old 12-27-2002, 08:11 AM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

if you dont buy it for 1900, please tell me. i will
Old 12-27-2002, 09:00 AM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Don't put a B16 in, put in a B16 Head. LSVTEC
Old 12-27-2002, 01:50 PM
brtecson
pukimonster

thanx guys. he's going to FLA in Jan so he wont be able to sell it till late Jan/ early Feb. But whenever it goes on sale, I'm first in line
Old 12-27-2002, 07:48 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally posted by Bakeoff
****, you can do a head gasket in a weekend... I'd get it for that price. After the head gasket is in there, you'd have a nice little project car, that's already got a great engine in it!
Exactly. My buddy and I replaced the headgasket on a 93 CX in a few hours... but in that few hours, we also swapped the 8v CX head for a 16v CRX Si head More POWER for CHEAP! Muahahaha!

Anyway, LS/VTEC is good and all... if you have gobs of cash sitting around to build it right