Notices

1990 civic hatch + b16b swap?

Old 12-20-2002, 09:07 PM
Louie3252
yea. im slow... DX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 civic hatch + b16b swap?

Hey... Yet again I'm thinking of selling my EK hatch and lookin for an older model hatch... Was wondering about putting a b16b into a 1990 hatch.. and what all is needed... And the tranny.. My big question... What would u need for b16b swap, a b series cable tranny... wouldnt that half way defeat the purpose of a b16b swap.. losing the lsd hydro tranny? And how hard is it to convert the 1990 into cable to hydro tranny convo? Do they make kits.... ? sorry if any of this is stupid ... I dont know much about this year hatch
Old 12-21-2002, 02:53 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as converting from hydro to a cable tranny, all you really need to do is swap trannies.

The hydro tranny is preferred by some people because there is no adjustments needed like there is with a cable tranny, that's about it. Personally, I prefer the cable tranny because of the positive feel you get on the pedal, makes it easier to control slip and such personally.

Also, there are cable trannies out there that had stock LSDs in them, such as the SiR, but I would probably prefer an aftermarket Quaife over the stock gear unit.