Notices
View Poll Results: What area are you focusing on the most?
Engine Power
64.00%
Suspension/Handling
20.00%
Braking
0%
Car Race Prep (i.e. roll cage, find sponsors, etc.)
4.00%
-to be added later-
0%
Improve the Cars Looks
4.00%
-to be added later-
0%
Road Track Driving Skills
8.00%
Drag Racing Skills
0%
Nothing
0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Year 2003 Car Plans (Pre-1992 Civic/Crxs Only)

Old 01-22-2003, 10:02 AM
Bogatyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, there are some things I have to get done...
I have to change out the water pump and track down why she's running a little on the warm side. The car will idle without getting too hot, but once you start driving, after say half an hour or twenty minutes, she gets a little warm...not overheating, just the needle is about 2/3 up the gauge instead of 1/2. The only thing I haven't changed out in the cooling system is the water pump, so that has to be it...
If I end up with a great windfall (not sure how this is going to happen) I'd love to put a new suspension in the thing. Everything is all original from 1984 and doesn't feel as tight as it used to. Anyway, I have my eyes on the Tokico adjustables and poly bushings...just not sure if time and money are on my side.
One of the Rovers is close to running, so I'll prolly put more money into that this spring...finish painting, get a heater and some insurance...heh.
Bogatyr
Old 01-30-2003, 04:44 AM
SilverMPower

Even the dents out on both sides of the car and make the brakes stop squeaking. =)
Old 02-20-2003, 08:14 AM
Speed Phreak
Turbomafia

Tuning, More Boost, Bigger Brakes, Better suspension.....about in that order.
Old 02-21-2003, 02:30 PM
White91Teg

dont mind the user name i have a rex now. i actually just bought it 2 days ago for $500. its an 88 HF with 196k on it. i drove her back from long island with no problems at all. well here it goes....
1st off the motor... the stocker is coming out soon to make way for a 91 ls motor/tranny/ecu. i plan on using a no name motor mount kit to bolt it all in. im also getting a full disk brake setup from that same 91 integra. i like the skunk2 race springs and tokico illuminas so those will be next after the disk brakes. all of this will be tucked behind some nice "14 gsr's from a 92 integra. oh yeah and the exhaust, thats pretty tiny, so im gonna have a custom 2 1/2 inch exhaust bent up for me exiting through a nice big fat muffler. and:fawk: to the environment, there will be no cat on my car. next, the interior... i hate palmy blue.... i will be pulling as much of the interior as i can from that same 91 teg that is my parts car. its got a black interior, thank god. bu there is one thing i forgot, oh yeah the exterior!!! well after i pop out the dent in the 1/4 panel and remove the rust the entire car will be painted flat black. top to bottom. this is gonna be one mean ass integra powered rex. so anyone in new tork better watch out for it... its gonna be fast

Brett
Old 02-26-2003, 08:15 AM
schwanginpt
Nadene will Return

rebuild Nadene.. my 91 Si.. gonna do this her right too. got the jdm font end conversion on right now. the goal is to get her finished by July.
This is what i still want to get:
- jdm tails
- jdm spoiler
- jdm power window kit
- jdm map light (if anyone knows where i can get this, i would REALLY apreciate it)
- GReddy Exhaust
- Cat and Header
- Polished AEM CAI
- Polished Strut bar
- sway bars
- HU and speakers
- find someone selling some konig villains, i bent one in my wreck and only need one, but willing to buy a set if i have to, i really like those rims.
- and finally PAINT IT
Old 03-19-2003, 06:53 AM
crxb16er

Default My Goals

below are my old plans now i have the b16 on the stand, and the hf engine in, zc should be put in within a few weeks, then probably a zex dry nitrous kit and better fuel components. b16 to be rebuilt in time with forged internals and the zc for fun and abuse.

First of all I Have a 88 Crx started as a hf, now it has a zc motor front and rear strut bars, coil overs, dual core radiator to cool my baby down, DC sports header, ACT streetlite clutch and 11.5 lb flywheel package, high flow cat, 2 1/4 exhaust Pulled a/c compressor, and lots of extras. zc tranny 1-4 gears with an hf 5th gear. ok this is the third time ive changed this post and ill probably change it a few times more

Goals:
1. 200+ hp but safely with my high compression machine
LOL i put that like a year ago... id be happy with 150 hp safely and reliably on my daily driver
2. Get rid of the coil overs and get stiffer full length springs while still maintaining a low ride height
Yah ive also been saying that for years so im guessing the coil overs are here to stay for a while neway
3.Adding Beefier Sway bars
Accomplised 4. Installing Full Exhaust system to suit increased hp
5. strengthening internals to get ready for boost, slightly lower compression pistons
Ehh no longer planning on going forced induction of any type rather stay N/A and make the car reliable and lighten internals instead of beef them up
Accomplised6. ACT clutch
7. Ignition timing controller
Accomplished8. Pulley systems
Accomplished speakers, deck still need new seats9. New seats, speakers, stereo system to replace my old stuff
10. lots more that you guys will be hearing about
11. stand alone fuel managment system
accomplished12. new windshild cuz mine got cracked again grrrrrrrrr

i also have a turbo timer, all new gauges, 2 blown engines in my garage, and can now say i can perform any engine operation there is out there, and id say playing in the tranny is the hardest
Old 03-24-2003, 02:18 PM
TYPE_CRXVTEC

Default trying to hit mid 14

hi all i want to do is hit mid 14. just some minor performance parts such as

b16a1 in a 88 crx HF
DC 4-2-2-1 Headers
AEM CAi
AEM CAM GEARS
NGK PLATNUM Spark Plugs
2 1/2inch piping
MAX SPEED Exhaust
KYB SHOCKS
AERO SPEED ADJUSTABLE SPRINGs.

i hit 14.8 with just the engine and the exhaust system.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:52 AM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

someone give me a motor, i need to fill a hole.
Old 03-29-2003, 01:03 AM
Teg711
Purge This...

Originally posted by fujiwara takumi
someone give me a motor, i need to fill a hole.

wow that's some whole ya got :chuckles:
Old 03-29-2003, 01:25 AM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

Originally posted by Teg711
wow that's some whole ya got :chuckles:
dude, thats no way to talk about your mom.