Notices

AWD 88-91 Civic Wagon

Old 12-10-2002, 07:36 PM
88LXi68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AWD 88-91 Civic Wagon

Does anyone have one? How is the AWD system on them? I think it would make for quite a nice sleeper with a ZC swap and turbo kit or JRSC.
if you have one post some pics please.
Old 12-11-2002, 03:22 AM
excitid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I have one and have had 3 others the wagons are nice to drive and hold alot of stuff and with the right tires are almost unstoppable in any type of weather. There is one that I know of that is currently turbo running 5lbs on a z6 engine, relaibilty has been fine so far. The rear diff is said to not be up to the task of holding more then 150 hp but I remember hearing about 2 done with jrsc that ran just fine. I do know that when I launch ours hard it doesn't seem to like it but I imagine with boost the traction would be lovely through second and third. Heres the link to the turbo wagon.http://yota1man.tripod.com/vtecwagon/

I guess the simple answer would be its like any other civic but its stuck with d series swaps as its only choice. You can do whatever you want but be prepared for broken parts and lack of junkyard support at least here in Illinois.