Notices

86 hf questions

Old 11-27-2002, 10:17 PM
mcdisco420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 86 hf questions

ok 1stGenCRXer, since my last post ive done some thinking.
How about some 15's ??? What would be the best tire size to run on a 15" x 6.5" rim? and what would you recommend as far as shocks and struts are concerned? i want to drop the car, any springs that you would suggest? thanks for all your help!!

Marc
Old 11-28-2002, 04:22 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For 15's, I think I'd be really tempted to get some Rota Slipstreams. Lightweight, pretty durable, and fairly cheap. I'll have to do some checking to see what tire size you'd end up looking at though, so I'll get back to you on that.

For shocks and struts, you really only have two brand choices if you want something better than stock [if you just want stock replacement, advance auto or autozone brands will do fine], Tokico or Koni. You can check www.nopionline.com and www.opmmotorsports.com to get an idea of what's available and how much they are. If you go with the adjustible shocks from either brand I would buy from OPM though, since they deal a lot more specifically with the first gen CRX than NOPI does.

For springs/lowering, you also have a couple choices. First off, you can get some adjustible perches from OPM to use your stock springs in the rear to lower the car, OR you could get some race springs, but then I would suggest upgrading your torsion bars in the front to sort of match. To lower the front, there is a nut beside the torsion bar tubes that you can turn to lower the car.

Also, if you decide to lower the car close to 2", you really should look into getting an adjustible panhard bar for the rear axle so that you can re-center it, and by then to still have good suspension travel you might want to look into some custom-length Koni's [$$$]. What I really mean is: If you lower the car, don't slam it, it's not worth it.