Notices

crx comeback?..pic

Old 11-28-2002, 10:13 PM
Falkon
still alive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That crx isn't phat it's fat. I think it looks like a del sol or corrado that went heavy on fried chicken. I like the idea, but I think a slightly modified Insight body would better fit the bill. C'mon 1.0? I know these are small engines, but that rivals my weedeater. I say use a 1.7l DOHC that is slightly better or on par with the current Civic EX.

just my $2.00 [damn inflation]
Old 11-29-2002, 06:52 AM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

Is it just me or are a lot of companies trying to bring back old styles? IE: New Thunderbird
Old 11-30-2002, 11:27 AM
richierich

i believe the new crx happened to turn into the inspire =(
Old 12-01-2002, 03:37 PM
AwwsChwA

Honda can never bring back the CRX and have the same appeal. It may be technologically advanced, state-of-the-art, and raging fast, but that's exactly why it won't be as cool as the CRX.

In my own opinion, the Honda CRX captures all of the wonderful aspects of the very essence of driving that the Europeans have mastered for decades. Take Porsche, for instance. When Porsche first came out with their speedster in 1953, it was not the vehicle's speed that stood out. The Porsche Speedster was a vehicle in which the driver heard and felt everything the car did. No power gadgets, no dampening. Just a fun little sport coupe and 100 percent response between driver and vehicle. Ferrari had that magic in their cars for decades as well.

To me, it has very little to do with how fast a CRX can be built to go. Speed is only a fraction of the whole picture. It's all about how the driver communicates with the car. The CRX is noisy as hell, you hear every engine noise, every road bump, air noise, the whole shebang. You feel the shift points, you feel the vibrations through the steering wheel. That's the appeal that the Honda CRX has. It's built like a race car in that the driver can read every response of the vehicle, and there's no power assisted anything to take control from the driver.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a CRX (or any car) that would glue my head to the headrest, I love going fast. I'm just saying that, with the given trends in automotive production, there's no way any new CRX would ever capture even a small part of what the real CRX has. It would have to be softened up, quiet, power everything, traction-control, ABS, all that stuff. I'll stick with my 91 Si any day:thumbup:
Old 12-03-2002, 03:31 AM
schwanginpt
Nadene will Return

After reading the article.. heres my take... Honda has been making some really phat things latley.. ie the Element.. that thing is sweet. And i think that Honda would do a great job re-creating the CRX. Its a little pocket rocket that will shut the MR2 and the Mini up... The biggest thing is what it looks like. Until I see an actual concept car of it, the design isnt gonna scare me yet. I have a 2001 PT Cruiser and it looks nothing like the first design sketch and even the first concept car. so i think that if Honda really wants to bring back the car, they will do some more work to the design and i do think that they will think about that driver communication. But this is all up to Honda. It could be a big flop and they could do it all wrong OR it could be one of the phatest cars ever brought back.... its up to Honda. The "old" cars are coming back... so bring on the CRX!!!

Go for it HONDA!!
Old 12-06-2002, 05:35 PM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

Originally posted by AwwsChwA
Honda can never bring back the CRX and have the same appeal. It may be technologically advanced, state-of-the-art, and raging fast, but that's exactly why it won't be as cool as the CRX.

In my own opinion, the Honda CRX captures all of the wonderful aspects of the very essence of driving that the Europeans have mastered for decades. Take Porsche, for instance. When Porsche first came out with their speedster in 1953, it was not the vehicle's speed that stood out. The Porsche Speedster was a vehicle in which the driver heard and felt everything the car did. No power gadgets, no dampening. Just a fun little sport coupe and 100 percent response between driver and vehicle. Ferrari had that magic in their cars for decades as well.

To me, it has very little to do with how fast a CRX can be built to go. Speed is only a fraction of the whole picture. It's all about how the driver communicates with the car. The CRX is noisy as hell, you hear every engine noise, every road bump, air noise, the whole shebang. You feel the shift points, you feel the vibrations through the steering wheel. That's the appeal that the Honda CRX has. It's built like a race car in that the driver can read every response of the vehicle, and there's no power assisted anything to take control from the driver.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a CRX (or any car) that would glue my head to the headrest, I love going fast. I'm just saying that, with the given trends in automotive production, there's no way any new CRX would ever capture even a small part of what the real CRX has. It would have to be softened up, quiet, power everything, traction-control, ABS, all that stuff. I'll stick with my 91 Si any day:thumbup:
I couldn't have said it better myself. The responsivness to the driver is why I love my CRX and have owned it for 6 years with no end in sight (selling it). Mine may look like a show car, but I built it to be driven damnit and I beat the crap out of it regularly and it likes it! They should have never stopped producing it for the Delslow in the first place!!:fawk: