Notices

funky brake wobble symptoms...

Old 11-06-2002, 09:02 PM
AwwsChwA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default funky brake wobble symptoms...

Ok, check this out

I have a year-old set of PowerStop slotted rotors on my CRX. No reason they should be warped already, I always put the wheels on with a torque wrench. Now here's the wierd part...I know that with brake wobble, you usually feel it really strongly at high speeds, simply cuz the wheels are turnin faster. Well, my CRX, I don't feel any wobble at all at high speeds, and I feel a really slight wobble when I'm slowin down, as in going slower than 20mph. Any guesses what that might be? Could it be somethin that's not the rotors?
Old 11-07-2002, 03:23 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

is it the car wobbling or do you feel it through the steering wheel?...it maynot be brake related but more like a worn out suspension bushing
Old 11-07-2002, 03:59 AM
hondacuraworld

If it is the rotors....

My first impression is that you may have a problem with the thickness of the rotors. Are they thicker than the OEM ones? If so, and you're using stock calipers, the pistons in the calipers may not be able to travel back enough comfortably to allow the pads minimal friction while driving. Of course, brake pad drag will cause the rotors to turn blue from the heat if it's extreme, but after a year all you'd notice is a LOT of brake dust and rapid pad wear.

Could be a worn out bushing too, but you might not notice a wobble on a straight line stop if that was the case.
Old 11-07-2002, 06:51 PM
AwwsChwA

It very well could be bushings, my CRX has 273,000 miles on it. Brake wear isn't excessive at all, yes I am using stock calipers with the PowerStop rotors, and they're nice n shiny silver, no color distortion at all.

I do know I have some other minor suspension problems...I feel a slight steering wheel wobble while I'm turning, specifically it's most obvious when I'm turned about half way between straight and hard left/right. I don't think it's a bent wheel, cuz I rotated em. I really need lower ball joints, so that could be it. Anywho, any ideas woudl be appreciated
Old 11-08-2002, 02:00 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

Originally posted by AwwsChwA
I really need lower ball joints, so that could be it. Anywho, any ideas woudl be appreciated
that sounds promising right there.