Notices

1988 civic wagon 4wd

Old 11-06-2002, 04:10 AM
excitid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would suggest going the sohc vtec route. Its clearly the cleaner choice if you live in a state with tougher emission standards where a zc dohc will not pass. In terms of swapability (sp?) Any d series will fit the trans as long as its from the civic family. I have only heard of 2 powerful 4wd wagons both powered by jrsc but that was about 4 years ago. I'm not sure about the rear diff but maybe it could hold up to 130 at the wheels which would be nice for a little boost from a homemade turbo setup. 3-4 lbs would help overcome any power problems. Hmmm since you are going to be losing alot of weight anyways most of the roof no rear doors no rear glass you should be plenty fast. Wagons shouldn't be more then a few pounds heavier to begin with.
Old 11-06-2002, 04:16 AM
crxrocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by excitid
I would suggest going the sohc vtec route. Its clearly the cleaner choice if you live in a state with tougher emission standards where a zc dohc will not pass.
This is really only the case if he lives in the land of fruits and nuts, California. Colorado has pretty tough emissions laws and my JRSC'd ZC was able to pass with FLYING COLORS. What is the moral to the story? Unless you live in California, the DOHC ZC engine shouldn't give you any problems with emissions.

Chris