Notices

All in a days work

Old 10-27-2002, 07:07 PM
WhiteRice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All in a days work

Today my brother and I changed the head gasket on my 89 DX hatch. I'm trying to get it ready to sell.

I can now see why it costs to so much to have it done at a mechanic. It took us forever, but it was a first time for both of us to actually take an engine apart and put it back together. We've both done swaps, but never really messed w/anytning internally. It was a great experience. The hardest part was removing the gunk that the old head gasket left behind. Well, it was hard at first, we tried putty knives and razor blades, after spraying the gasket remover. Then we decided, screw this. We got a fine steel brush that you attach to your drill and it worked like a charm!!! got it back to gether and all's well!!

Just thought I'd share my story for the day!
Old 10-27-2002, 07:11 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

other than those like 12 huge head bolts hwat else has to come apart before you can access the head gasket? i think my engine must just be really stuck.
Old 10-27-2002, 07:16 PM
WhiteRice

After the 10 head bolts, just hit it a few times w/the rubber mallet, it'll loosen. there are two dowels that help align the head and block. That's the only other thing that's between the two.
Old 10-27-2002, 07:26 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

Originally posted by WhiteRice
After the 10 head bolts, just hit it a few times w/the rubber mallet, it'll loosen. there are two dowels that help align the head and block. That's the only other thing that's between the two.
thats what pat said too, hmm, guess ill beat on her tomororw.

piece of ****, its getting cold for this stuff.
Old 10-28-2002, 04:08 AM
crxrocks

I think we wound up using a crow bar wedged between the head and the transmission to loosen the head.

Chris
Old 10-28-2002, 07:53 AM
WhiteRice

That is right, we hit her a few times, then we pryed w/the crowbar. Sorry forgot about that.
Old 10-30-2002, 09:25 AM

Default U CAN SEE MY DICK IN YO MOUTH!!!!!!!

VETECH- continually misspelled because I am a moron ~1stGen
Old 10-30-2002, 09:26 AM
POONTANG
back like scoliosis

:rofl:
Old 10-30-2002, 09:29 AM
POONTANG
back like scoliosis

your mother sucks cocks in hell vetech
Old 10-30-2002, 10:09 AM
excitid

its stupid ignorant asses like this that piss me off. Someone delete that :ghey: ****. We tried to help you in your ass post about swapping heads and your balls are now all big and huge to waste our space with you childish ranting:madfawk: I guess this should be your screen name:wtf: and your friend that you were asking for should use:stupid: and the two of you can go drink some :beer: till your plastered and start up on some :boink: action. BUt since I'm just joking please don't be an ass or be prepared for :angry: comments and :gives: smileys whenever you actually need some help. Oh and wanting another guy to put your nuts in his mouth :tfg: you should get a nice *****:slap: for that one.:bigok: Take you anger to the basement but be prepared it can get mighty hot...............