Notices

hit a deer last night

Old 10-22-2002, 10:02 AM
lude_conduct

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha. the key to not hitting a deer is by not staring at it. if you stare at it you will adjust the wheel to go right at it. its called target fixation. motorcyclists learn to not do this.
Old 10-22-2002, 10:04 AM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

Originally posted by lude_conduct
haha. the key to not hitting a deer is by not staring at it. if you stare at it you will adjust the wheel to go right at it. its called target fixation. motorcyclists learn to not do this.

yeah, stare into the woods so you drive into the ditch :rofl:

one thing you should have learned is to be watching fields when youre out, not so much the road. look for those things that look like snow plow markers. two for doe, one for bucks, (a buck will never show both eyes, unless its a very stupid fawn). Its rare i see them standing in the road, i more often see them getting ready to dart out in front of me. dusk is worst for this, were talking like just being able to see silhouettes. this is when they feed.
Old 10-22-2002, 10:07 AM
lude_conduct

im not saying go into a ditch. just dont stare directly into his big bambi eyes. just be careful guys. i know my crx isnt to hot in accidents.

http://www.msgroup.org/CASESTUDY.html

target fixation can happen to anybody. just learn some simple tips that may save your life or a headache or two.
Old 10-22-2002, 10:12 AM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

I was up in the middle of nowhere (or Cartersville for people who are in Georgia lol) and a Pathfinder slammed on his brakes in front of me so I slammed on mine. I look over to see a deer staring at me in a field. All of the sudden he charges toward my car like a bull! I had to go around the Pathfinder into on coming traffic to dodge the deer! After I thought WTF? Do deers like red too? lol!
Old 10-22-2002, 10:14 AM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

deer are ****ed in the head, bucks will do some dumb **** sometime.

one time they wandered into the city...one came into my grandpas workshop, cut the **** outta himself on a sawblade, bled all over, and then wandered out. stupid deer. theyre like friggin vermin here.,
Old 10-22-2002, 01:36 PM
Jeff TYPE R
Crazy AE86 dude.

Originally posted by lude_conduct
trudat man...

the key is to look where u want to go. usually in these situations the best is to fixate on a spot right next to the deer, so that u adjust the car to miss the deer while minimizing the chances of upsetting the cars balance.
Old 10-22-2002, 04:42 PM
Magik

Guys...have you ever come face to face with a full grown male MOOSE!! Those things make a deer look like a dog...they are freakin' H-U-G-E!! Some of them can make a full grown horse look small...imagine an animal that can weigh almost as much AS your car! Hit that and see if there is no damage...a buddy of mine had a prelude and came on a moose after a downhill and sharp turn...needless to say he didn't miss it...he hit it...but only the legs...the majority of the car passed UNDER the moose!
Deer...p-shaw...

Old 10-22-2002, 08:46 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

Originally posted by Magik
Guys...have you ever come face to face with a full grown male MOOSE!!

try interrupting momma moose teaching her children how to exist in the wild. i think i gotcha beat there.
Old 10-22-2002, 08:47 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
trudat man...

the key is to look where u want to go. usually in these situations the best is to fixate on a spot right next to the deer, so that u adjust the car to miss the deer while minimizing the chances of upsetting the cars balance.
dont stare at anything when you drive. i was thinking about this today...any time you get tunnel vision you put yourself at risk, you should always be constantly scanning.
Old 10-23-2002, 07:31 AM
hybridhondahatch
for that added pep

Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
i love deer. good swerving practice.

haha thats hillarious

thats a signature quote