Notices

Update #2....4dr civic recovery pics..... not dial up friendly but were downsized.

Old 10-23-2002, 10:10 AM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got them octagon lugs on mine, or heptagon or whatever, they get loose a lot cuz some asshole takes a monkey wrench to them. thtas just outright dangerous
Old 10-23-2002, 11:43 AM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

My CRX has been broken into 4 times but luckly never stolen. Once my boss at my old work watched people steal my stereo out of my car from his 3rd floor office in broad daylight, but by the time we got down there my window was broken and my box was gone with my 2 amps. I shaved my keyholes and took all of the bars out of the door so you can't even get into it with a Slim Jim.

I am sorry about your 4 door. Theives suck!!:madfawk: :angry:
Old 10-23-2002, 12:28 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

i leave my doors unlocked. id rather them take what they want then to make a mess on the way in. homeowners takes good care of me.
Old 10-23-2002, 04:04 PM
POONTANG
back like scoliosis

thats ****ty. what are you getting for insurance $$? they will most likely rape you and give you a crappy reimbursement cause its a 4dr old civic, but they won't take into account how much $$ was in it
Old 10-23-2002, 06:16 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by excitid
unfortunatly our old cars are very easy to get into and fairly easy to steal.
I was sick to my stomach when I seen how easy it was for the damn thieves to steal my car. When I got it back, I had to replace my ignition, which I did myself. I can't believe that one of the biggest, most popular auto makers makes their cars so easy to steal. You would think they would at least build up the ignition more to make it alot harder for our cars to get stolen. I'm not gonna say how easy it is, or name what common household tools will accomplish this, but let's just say it could be done in less than a minute.
Old 10-23-2002, 07:11 PM
brtecson
pukimonster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

fawking thieves, got damn, why dont these people just get a dammned job they're poor enough to steal fuses?

yep, my old civic hatch was broken into a whiles back when my friend owned it. dumb fawkers, they were going to steal the engine [d15, 280k miles at the time], the hoses/ wires etc were disconnected, but they decided to ditch it in an alley
Old 10-24-2002, 07:08 PM
Old91CivicGuy

You guys won't believe this............since my car was in such good shape they gave me $2900 just for the retail value of the car, plus another $2,500 for aftermarket parts.........for a grand total of $5414.68!!!!!!!!!!!! I love my insurance. State Farm is the best.........rates maybe a little high, but the customer service and people who work there make it all worth while. My claim lady was awesome, but that was because I had reciepts for everything. I'm getting an audi..........hopefully.
Old 10-24-2002, 07:12 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

Originally posted by Old91CivicGuy
You guys won't believe this............since my car was in such good shape they gave me $2900 just for the retail value of the car, plus another $2,500 for aftermarket parts.........for a grand total of $5414.68!!!!!!!!!!!! I love my insurance. State Farm is the best.........rates maybe a little high, but the customer service and people who work there make it all worth while. My claim lady was awesome, but that was because I had reciepts for everything. I'm getting an audi..........hopefully.
gd, for a 91?! very cool!
Old 10-25-2002, 06:44 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally posted by Old91CivicGuy
audis with mileage are ...fixing them is req'd more often than on a honda and 4x more expensive
Old 10-25-2002, 09:11 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

Originally posted by jaje
audis with mileage are ...fixing them is req'd more often than on a honda and 4x more expensive
thats what ive heard, more expensive and tempramental than their volkswagen brothers