Notices

Uti?

Old 01-04-2008, 03:12 AM
TotalVelocity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok wow thick headed. school is the most important thing with any career. The only time you dont learn anything is when you dont take the advantage of being where you are. You wont learn how to swap a motor at UTI thats now what its there for. You learn hands on in the field and thearoy in school. I have been a mechanic for a little over 3 years and i started going to UTI and i am learning stuff that filled in the gaps of a lot of stuff i would work on. Im not going to say some are better and some are not. But i will say if you think you dont need school for cars now adays and on your a complete fool. Even when you are at a dealership they send you to school. Its all about how much work your will to put forward.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:44 AM
adva7328
BOOST PROJECT 99

Originally Posted by TotalVelocity
Ok wow thick headed. school is the most important thing with any career. The only time you dont learn anything is when you dont take the advantage of being where you are. You wont learn how to swap a motor at UTI thats now what its there for. You learn hands on in the field and thearoy in school. I have been a mechanic for a little over 3 years and i started going to UTI and i am learning stuff that filled in the gaps of a lot of stuff i would work on. Im not going to say some are better and some are not. But i will say if you think you dont need school for cars now adays and on your a complete fool. Even when you are at a dealership they send you to school. Its all about how much work your will to put forward.

exactly good call unless you want to be changing oil at walmart for 9 an hr then school is the way to go even if you think you know it all u will not have the title ASE and graduation from one of the 2 major automotive schools
Old 01-17-2008, 06:41 AM
blitzer_
Automotive Technician

Originally Posted by vigalantyvillan
Is UTI really all its cracked up to be?
UTI's are horrible...I've never had one but my girlfriend has. If you catch it early enough you can drink a half a gallon of cranberry juice and the acid will flush it out....if not, it's antibiotics.

Once you start peeing blood, it's time to see the doctor.