Notices

Body Panels & Diagrams

Old 10-16-2002, 03:25 AM
Magik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Panels & Diagrams

Right now I'm concerned with finding a right rear quarter panel to replace the one that got crunched by a backhoe...sigh....my safety inspection is due at the end of November

It's weird I can't seem to find one under $500 CAN. How many pieces do they come in...?
Anyone have any good schematics/diagrams or pictures of that area of the car with the quarter panels and/or rocker panels off? We are trying to determine how many pieces this thing comes in, what parts we exactly have to replace and to do it as economically as possible.

Oh...for a 1990 Honda Civic HB

Thanx guys any info would be greatly appreciated!

Magik

Old 10-16-2002, 04:58 AM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

They are one huge piece and need to be welded on, would cost about $1000 a side I hear. They are a stress bearing part of the car, they don't just pop on and off like a fender or hood.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:05 AM
Magik

Default ???

Really? You see I heard that they come in two peices...both about 500 bucks a piece...
This is why I am trying to find schematics or diagrams of the body panels or actual pictures of a car with that part of the body removed so that I can see actually what is needed and go from there....anyone?

Magik

Old 10-16-2002, 06:28 AM
WhiteRice

Here ya go.

For Prices
Old 10-16-2002, 06:40 AM
jc836

I was quoted $1000 or so US and that was for the outer skin only-welded and painted, when I was looking for a car. The panel is still in inventory. If there is damage to the inner panel that is another matter. A good Body Shop should have the picture above and the Mitchell estimating guide as well. ANY Honda Dealer can give you a printout of the picture and the parts list.

The repair will be better this way than trying to section it in.