Notices

yes another engine swap question... :(

Old 10-15-2002, 10:40 PM
red.da

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yes another engine swap question... :(

ok first of all i did do a seach (15 mins or so) but couldnt find the exact answers to all my questions. anyways i think i wrote off my integra tonite. it was a 92 LS (obd1), the front of it is pretty smashed up but everything else is good (interior/engine). anyways if i were to buy the car back from insurance and buy a crx would i have everything i need to put an 0bd1 b18a into a crx or 88-91 civic? i know i'll need a mounting kit and wiring harnesses to convert the ef to obd1, but is there anything else that i'm missing? im going back to do some more searching now. thanks for any help in advance.
-aaron
Old 10-16-2002, 03:03 AM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Nah thats probably about it, it's an easy swap.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:41 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

if you get a crx hf you'll need crx si or dx front knuckles to accept the larger axles...if you get a dx you'll have to convert the car to mpfi...the crx si has everything (mpfi and larger front axles...where the hf or dx lacks one or the other)...hwoever the si weighs hte most
Old 10-16-2002, 04:03 PM
red.da

Originally posted by jaje
if you get a crx hf you'll need crx si or dx front knuckles to accept the larger axles...if you get a dx you'll have to convert the car to mpfi...the crx si has everything (mpfi and larger front axles...where the hf or dx lacks one or the other)...hwoever the si weighs hte most
couldnt i just use my front knuckles/brakes/axles/springs/shocks and what not?
whats mpfi? and what do i need to do this? sorry for the newb questions. thanks for the help
-aaron
Old 10-16-2002, 04:45 PM
WhiteRice

MPFI--Multi Point Fuel Injection
DPFI--Dual Point

here's a sight that'll help you out if you have a DX and have to switch to MPFI.

http://tech.hybridgarage.com/tech/4g...-zc-wiring.htm

HF knuckles are too small to accept the larger Integra axles you'll be using. SO they have to upgraded.
Old 10-16-2002, 05:04 PM
red.da

thanks for the link!
and yes i understand the hf knuckles are too small, but couldnt i use my integra knuckles/axles/brakes/suspension in it? i have koni yellows and dont really want to part with them and i know pple who have used crx suspension in integras so i assume it could be used the other way around? thanks
-aaron
Old 10-16-2002, 05:57 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally posted by red.da
thanks for the link!
and yes i understand the hf knuckles are too small, but couldnt i use my integra knuckles/axles/brakes/suspension in it? i have koni yellows and dont really want to part with them and i know pple who have used crx suspension in integras so i assume it could be used the other way around? thanks
-aaron
the 90-93 teg rear lower control arms fit on any ef civic so maybe the fronts do to i've never done the fronts except with other civic parts...maybe some here knows or on resource.crx.org
Old 10-16-2002, 06:02 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Your best bet would be to get a 5th gen civic and drop it in that... EASY swap.
Old 10-16-2002, 08:08 PM
red.da

Originally posted by Bakeoff
Your best bet would be to get a 5th gen civic and drop it in that... EASY swap.
id like to do that, but the crx's are so small and more rare. plus you can hardly ever find good deals on 92-95 civics.. everyone thinks they are worth 6-10g (canadain) and i know i could pick up a dx crx for like 3-5g. we'll see what happens, tomorrow is the big day :shocked:
Old 10-16-2002, 08:14 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

the rex weighs less than an eg hatch...sometimes by 200-300lbs!