Notices

88 Civic bogs bad!!

Old 11-16-2007, 10:45 AM
lothar3d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This problem occurs under speed as well as at idle. I've got a manual trans. Occurs in gear, with clutch in, and in neutral. I don't have injector resistors, unless they are internal to the ecu. And work is crazy right now, so I have no time to work on car. Still need to check wiring from connector on passenger side to ecu (for the secondary resistor). Still need to check grounds on engine and trans. I know the ones at the thermostat are good, but ran out of time for the others. Hopefully will have time on Sunday to look at it. Thanks so much for all of the suggestions. And I have swapped out a known working throttle body, complete with eacv, tandem air control, injectors, and throttle plate. Still had the same problem.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:06 AM
lothar3d

Default Update

Well it's Christmas Day. This means I've finally got a day off. So I started checking grounds in my engine compartment. While disconnected from the car, all ground cables have a resistance of .6 ohm or lower. With everything hooked up, the resistance from the battery negative to the frame is 1.2 ohm, to the head is 2.3 ohm. Then I crank the car. Suddenly resistance to the body is 40 ohm and to the head is 90 ohm. Any ideas? or is this normal?
Old 01-23-2008, 11:12 PM
lothar3d

Default Fixed

Ok- now its January 23 and I've finally gotten to work on the car again. The wierd ohm readings I was getting made me think that something was up with the main ground cable, so I ordered one from Honda ($35). Bolted it in today (perfect fit, nice clean connections) and gave it another shot. Just like you guys said, it was a ground problem. The car idles fine now and I can accelerate rapidly. Must have been getting wonky for a while, because even the timing changed a little. After resetting it, the motor sounds better and smoother than it has in years. Thanks so much.