Notices

engine swap woes..

Old 10-13-2002, 10:47 AM
lude_conduct

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine swap woes..

hi guys. i bought a crx for 200 bucks. its a peice. well anyways i wanted to do an engine swap. i have 2500 bucks saved up to do it. i got a jdm b16a cable tranny i can use. so i decided to do a b18a swap. what else would i need to do this swap? integra axles ? 90-91 integ engine? ecu, hasport shift linkage? motormounts?

also i can geta b18b for about 800 bucks. but i need t oconvert it to non obd? how do i do this?
thanks everyone.
Old 10-13-2002, 12:19 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

need more info than you gave us...what model and year crx is it?...depending on what model tells us if you will have to do some wiring or buy a conversion harness and whether you will have to change out the front knuckles to fit the stronger b series units

if you search this forum there are links and info on these swap questions and you'll find most answers there
Old 10-13-2002, 01:28 PM
SlowCivicHmm

just leave it at OBD !...save you alot of headaches...unless you live in Cali..lol
Old 10-14-2002, 10:38 AM
lude_conduct

for the price of converting a b18b to non obd i dicdied why not just go the way of vtec? so i chose the jdm b16a. i am probably going to order from hondamotorsonline. how much is this engine swap gonna put me back? if i get new radiator, hasport **** and clutch? and a vfac? any b16a guys out there? what did you guys run? mods ? who did the swap? HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY?

THANKS