Notices

Ripped/torn axle boots...

Old 07-25-2007, 09:06 AM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ripped/torn axle boots...

I have a friend looking to sell his '90 Civic EX and was asking me about how to fix a torn axle boot. I know replacing a boot is a time consuming PITA and it may just make more sense to replace the axle.

But, I came across a 'quick boot kit' which doesn't require you to take the axle apart to get a new boot on. At first glance I don't know if I'd trust the quick boot to hold up over the long haul, so I wanted to find out if any of you have used this kit and how well it held up. I know one of my boots has gotten a small tear in it recently, and if this kit is any good I may try it on my car also.

So, has anyone tried one of these quick boot kits, and did it last?

Thanks.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:15 PM
theleprechaun

Default I used one but...

With the low clearance of these cars it didnt make... oh 7500 miles before I just got new halfshafts, only ran me 80.00 each so wasn't a big deal. But nah I dont like those fake boots. If its not a money issue I'd just replace em, I refurbished my old ones and sold em for 50.00 each
Old 07-26-2007, 07:18 PM
foot

Axle boots are GRAAAAVY. If I were you I'd just get a reman axle somewhere and slap it in. Quick and easy, not to mention no mess.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:03 PM
fortunesk89
CRX/INTEGRA member

ur just beter off with new/reman axles. ur axle may be crap already
Old 08-01-2007, 11:01 PM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

I talked him into just getting a remanufactured axle. If it was the inner boot, and a recent tear in the boot, just the boot would be fine. But the outer boot is a bitch because it doesn't come apart...you have to take the inner off to get the new outer on. The end