Notices

91 honda crx clutch problems

Old 07-22-2007, 09:48 AM
91crxhonda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 honda crx clutch problems

i have a 91 honda crx hf with the orginal motor in it. what i was going to do was use the motor in it until i could save up enough money to get a b18. well to make a long story short the clutch went out so i put a act lightend flywheel and an exedy replacement clutch in it. well after i put the tranny back in i started it up. on jack stands. in neutral runs fine and in first but when in second or any other it vibrates a little and the clutch pedal does not react right please help
Old 07-23-2007, 04:28 PM
theleprechaun

Default Well

Running it up on stands like that is really really bad on ur cv joints, otherwise I dont know what to tell yea. Check ur motor mounts? And the freeplay in ur clutch cable.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:11 PM
ChrisS

Put it on the road to test it.

What do you mean by "the clutch pedal does not react right"?

Note: a brand-new clutch plate will cause the fingers on the pressure plate to be flatter [less potential movement to disengage the clutch] meaning you won't have much pedal movement to play with until the clutch wears a bit.

Also, the offset (distance) on the flywheel between the clutch surface and the surface that the pressure plate bolts to is _very_ important. (too little and you might not be able to easily disengage a brand-new clutch, too much you won't get the full life out of your new clutch)