Notices

I need help with clutch install

Old 10-11-2002, 05:30 PM
wagon89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help with clutch install

I just bought a new clutch for my wagon along with all the seals for the gear box along with a new rear main from honda. I also got redline oil for the gearbox. I need to know if the clutch cable is a self adjusting or does it need to be adusted after new clutch install. I have a helm's manual on order but I can't wait that long. The flywheel is at the machine shop already

Thanks in advance
Old 10-11-2002, 07:51 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Default Re: I need help with clutch install

Originally posted by wagon89
I just bought a new clutch for my wagon along with all the seals for the gear box along with a new rear main from honda. I also got redline oil for the gearbox. I need to know if the clutch cable is a self adjusting or does it need to be adusted after new clutch install. I have a helm's manual on order but I can't wait that long. The flywheel is at the machine shop already

Thanks in advance
you shouldn't need seals for removing clutch on a normal d series tranny...but i've never messed with a wagon's tranny so i'm not sure...it could be all different

as for adjusting the clutch...i'm not sure honda had a self adjusting cable clutch...adjusting its a breeze anyway...find where the cable goes to the tranny and adjust the plastic item until the clutch is taught...then get in the car to see if it feels ok...if it is take it for a drive and see where it engages...then do 2-3 turns each small adjustment then with test drives until you are satisfied
Old 10-12-2002, 12:01 AM
Gasoline Fumes
Automotive Enthusiast

With the cable adjusted correctly, the pedal should have 15-20mm of freeplay. And 3-4mm for the release arm on the tranny.
Old 10-12-2002, 01:17 PM
crxrocks

He might be talking about replacing the axle seals.

Chris