Notices

Ranting with some questions...

Old 07-03-2007, 06:15 PM
fellfrosch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ranting with some questions...

My white 89 Crx was stolen yesterday here in Escondido, CA... luckily the police found it 4 hours after i reported it stolen (just 2 miles away). It was taken from my gated community and my roommate thinks it's the security patrol guy who did it since he gets to case the place out. Oh well.

Anyways, it was recovered, however the tires and rims are gone. I had to pay $200 to get it back, but the guy at the towing yard was nice enough to give me 4 basic wheels. problem is on the front passenger side the guy screwed up one of the threads on the disk... and also on the rear driver side he screwd up another thread on the drum... Also when the idiot who towed it put it on the truck he scraped the hell out of the back bumper and muffler...
My roommate and i also drove by where they found the car and noticed the person who towed it just dragged it onto the truck without any wheels or anything so now i have to fully inspect the underside of the car for damage cause you can see the long rips into the blacktop caused by my car... *sigh*

i was lucky enough they didnt take anything else. i think i might be missing my gate opener though, not that that matters since whoever took it got into my lot anyways... but that means i have to pay my apartment complex $50 for another one... I was also lucky i had practically NOTHING in the car since i have been slowly dynamatting the entire inside of the car. all that was in it was the dash, the carpet thrown in, and the driver seat.

As for mechanical i did notice my car is now making HORRIBLE Vibrations when the engine goes over 2.5krpm... it feels like it's comming from the engine itself. Also the clutch is now sticking somewhat... i went to take off from a stoplight and the clutch didnt release and i am also having a problem with the throtle sticking (i can give it gas and let go and it takes like 1-2 seconds before the rpms go down). anyways the clutch stuck, the rpms were going up 1k like it does everytime now (throttle sticking and clutch being pressed in = higher rpm) and suddenly the clutch released and i peeled out like a SOB... First time i've ever done that (i try to treat my clutch as good as I can) =-) Any suggeswtions on things to look for to diagnose/fix these?

The only thing that gets me is how easy it looks that they took my car. there is no physical damage to the doors, or to any part of the ignition. I'm betting they used a rod to pull the lock open inside (scratches on the dynamat can be seen, and i've seen a towing company do it before to my car when i locked the keys in it), and then for starting it... i dunno. I'll have to try other keys to see if my ignition lock is crap...

Anyone have any good resources on things you can do to your car to prevent anyone from driving off with it? i am going to be getting a pageing alarm on it, and i want to put in a kill switch (any info on doing this?). I'm thinking of putting in a secondary keyed switch as a kill switch, but i'm not sure if this can be bypassed easily or not... Also i want to try and find the best locking lug nuts. any suggestions? Are there any out there that dont use some damn universal key?

Anyways, thanks for listening to me ramble on, and for any info you can give =-)

Daniel