Notices

B16a into DX Wagovan questions?

Old 06-25-2007, 10:54 AM
Kahuna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16a into DX Wagovan questions?

Hey guys, I just signed up here and I'm fixing to be putting a B16A into my wagon, which the internals are pretty much the same and a 90 Civic DX, just the body is different.

Anyways,
I'm just wondering about the wiring. It has the wiring harness that came off the motor, but I was wondering about the chassis wiring harness. Does anyone have any guides on how to convert that, or where to buy a harness? Could I get one from a Intergra or Civic SiR and have plug in play?

Thanks!
Old 06-25-2007, 11:07 AM
Kahuna

Oh, heres a pic of my wagon if anyone wants to see it..
Old 06-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Hondelso

best bet....
www.rywire.com DX to obd1 B16a conversion cheaper if you go obd0 check your state emission laws if you go obd0 it may be illegal. DX is dual point, and only has 2 injectors. they may cost 300ish dollars but it's worth it to me. I HATE wiring, and they will do it right. the first time.

you will have to do the wiring to get 4 injectors, then add vtec, and knock sensor. i can see if i can find the write up. i believe there are 10 total wires to be added, and more wires to be re-arranged with those 10 wires.

i will get back to you shortly.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:42 AM
Kahuna

Will this make is so all I have to do is take the wiring that is on the B16 now, and then send my wiring to rywire and then plug it all in? If thats the case, I'll do that, cause it would take me a while to do the wiring.

My b16 is OBD-0, we don't have emmission tests in TN, I guess we hate the environment.

lol