Notices

89 crx I neen openions!

Old 06-07-2007, 06:12 PM
c-rex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 89 crx I neen openions!

hey guies Ive got an 89 crx hf with the multi point fuel injection (wich is basicly carbed right?) any way Im trying to decide what kind of motor to slap in it, I originaly wanted B16 but it seems like alot of work, so I was looking a d15b vtec cuz it should bolt right up to everything right? Im just wandering what kind I should get and everything Ill need to make it work and what type of ecu would be the best. I just finished painting my rex electric blue and it took me about 5 monthes to get the body perfect for paint so Im looking for something thats not going to be to hard or to costly because Ive alredy bought a full performance tukico suspention, megan tower and strut bars, euro lights, skunk2 intake manifold, aem cold ait intake, N1 cat back, tsudo 4-2-1 header, spoon sports steering wheel, I shaved the side bumper guards, the antana, and I took off the back wiper and filled that in, I recoted most of the plastic, and shes sitting on advanti racing 16's with toyos so my baby is looking pretty clean I just need to get some power in her!
Old 06-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Hondelso

it's not carbed. d15b requires a lot of rewiring(convert to obd1, and add vtec wiring), but it bolts up fine. you also have to use your orginal trans, and use the ecu for the d15b(p08).
Old 06-07-2007, 11:43 PM
jlicrx

a DOHC ZC will give you more power than a D15B with a lot less work - bolts right in and requires only a minor change to the HF distributor wiring - with any D-series swap, you probably need to find an Si (or at least a DX) transmission as the HF transmission just isn't geared for power