Notices

B16 Vtec problem

Old 05-29-2007, 06:51 PM
jstkknt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16 Vtec problem

I have a 91 rex with a b16a1 in it. First a little history about how the problem started. I have nto driven the car in 2 months. I have started, but have not pulled it out of the driveway. I recently went to start it and the battery was dead. I charged the battery but the charger came back with a bad alt. code. So the next day i went to take it to the shop and while on the way there, the car lost power. the engine kinda stayed on, but when i gave it gas, it just backfired. I got it towed to the shop and they saud that the car had jumped timing. They replaced the bad battery and corrected the timing. I left the shop and took the car to 6k, where vtec is set to kick in, and vtec would not kick in. The car gets loud like vtecc wants to kick in, but nothing happens. The shop cannot find anything wrong. No check engine lights. The car works great up until vtec. Any ideas????
Old 05-29-2007, 07:01 PM
FLAT_LINER
Ridin Dirty

you left the shop and the took it to 6k.....well im hoping you let the car atleast warm up b/c vtec won't work if they motor is not up to operating temprature
Old 05-29-2007, 08:22 PM
jstkknt

Ya the car was warmed up fine and it was still not kickin in. Vtec has turned on in the car b4 without it being warm all the way though, so i don't think that that is the issue.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:42 PM
jstkknt

The shop called today and said that all of the plugs were fouled. I think that this sounds right. So, if anyone else has this problem, check your plugs!