Notices

car wont start

Old 04-19-2007, 04:23 PM
1989CRXSI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car wont start

hey i have a 89 crx si and when i go to start it none of the lights turns on or nothing its just dead. i charged the battery and even bought a new battery to see if it was that and its not. i checked all the fuses and nuthing still. plz help
Old 04-19-2007, 04:32 PM
blitzer_
Automotive Technician

Originally Posted by 1989CRXSI
hey i have a 89 crx si and when i go to start it none of the lights turns on or nothing its just dead. i charged the battery and even bought a new battery to see if it was that and its not. i checked all the fuses and nuthing still. plz help
I interpret that to mean that with the Key On, Engine Off, you have no dash lights and you have no beep when the key is first turned on.

With the key off see if your headlights turn on.

If the headlights will turn on and off check for a security system/alarm problem.

if your headlights DO NOT turn on or off, even with the battery charged and connected:
Your battery sucks, charge or replace it, and
Check all your fuses, again, you have two fuse boxes, one under dash, one under hood, (look specifically for you BAT fuse, proboly 80amp) and
check your battery connections, and your ground connections from the battery to the chassis.

g'luck
-russell
Old 04-30-2007, 02:08 AM
menappi

Yeah something is messed up with your battery or the wires coming from the battery. Check your grounds though, it's easy to forget to attach them. One on the tranny, valve cover, chasis off the negative battery cable.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:50 AM
m735is

Make sure you wiggle the battery cables. My positive battery cable was corroded inside and looked fine. I bumped it while trouble shooting the same problem and it made enough contact to power everything up.