Notices

possible h23 to crx transplant...

Old 04-13-2007, 08:44 AM
wantalude
anti-rice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default possible h23 to crx transplant...

my cousin blew the motor in his 90' SI a couple of weeks ago. he needed a tow and couldnt find anybody to do it so i did the deed. i offered to trade him my old isuzu pickup thats just been sitting and he agreed. so im the proud new owner of an old 1990 SI CRX with a blown d16 . im thinking budget H series with a home made turbo. i have an H23, with a spun bearing, from one of my old preludes sitting in my shop and im wondering what you guys think; should i tear it down and sleeve it or should i just get a JDM H22. keep i mind that im going budget here, im going to go the cheap route whenever possible.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:46 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

The JDM H22 will not be a cheap proposition, nor will it leave you much of a safety margin in terms of tuning once you are turbocharged.

Since money is an issue, I'd rebuild the H23 but hold off on sleeving it until you geniuinely need to.
In the interim, a small, fast spooling turbo limited to about 5 psi will do plenty for such a light car.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 04-16-2007, 08:13 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

"Budget" and "H" don't go together in the 4G chassis.

Step one would be to simply get an H-series running in the chassis and see if you have any money left to keep going.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

cheap, spun bearing, h swap, crx all in the same paragraph are contradictory
Old 04-16-2007, 08:47 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

theres nothing cheep with getting a H-series into a rex lots of cutting pounding of the frame rails come into mind also with all that weight in the fromt it's going to have understeer. a B-series motor is a better choice.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:42 PM
ricky_rudy

You'll also have to upgrade the suspension to deal with the extra weight of the h23.

I wud suggest a k20A, but then again ur on a budget.