Notices

parting out a 1987 CRX Si

Old 10-07-2002, 08:15 PM
AwwsChwA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parting out a 1987 CRX Si

poor car got totalled from behind by a motorcycle while parked for the nite. Anywho, everything other than the unibody shell itself and rear bumper, is usable. I have tons of pictures, so if anyone is interested in anything, let me know.
Old 10-08-2002, 03:17 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Default Re: parting out a 1987 CRX Si

Originally posted by AwwsChwA
poor car got totalled from behind by a motorcycle while parked for the nite. Anywho, everything other than the unibody shell itself and rear bumper, is usable. I have tons of pictures, so if anyone is interested in anything, let me know.
it's really undriveable b/c a motorcycle hit it? i knew 1g crxs are small but that must have been a big motorbike (1 liter harley or the big goldwing) to do that kinda damage
Old 10-08-2002, 06:53 PM
AwwsChwA

Default Re: Re: parting out a 1987 CRX Si

Originally posted by jaje
it's really undriveable b/c a motorcycle hit it? i knew 1g crxs are small but that must have been a big motorbike (1 liter harley or the big goldwing) to do that kinda damage
it was an early-90s Kawasaki, and the guy hit the car going about 60 miles an hour. Story goes:

car was parked on the street outside the house at night. According to the police, this guy on the motorcycle was trying to ditch their squad car. So, the genius turns off his headlight and dives into our little cal-de-sac type street (not a dead end, but its a lil turn-out from the main road). He's doin about 65 down our street, in the dark, sees the car sitting about 50 feet ahead of him, panics, hits the brake, goes into a slide, gets sideways, and SLAMS into the car.

The impact blew the entire contents of the trunk (spare tire, subs, tire jack, and other little stuff) up and out, completely obliterating the rear windshield. The rider has recently come out of his coma, but he's pretty much a veggie now.

So, the unibody shell is destroyed, the entire trunk section is all pushed in. The rear axle is VERY bent, and the bumper and rear body stuff is gone. If you want pictures, I can send some. Let me know
Old 10-08-2002, 06:55 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Are the front fenders/body work any good?
Old 10-08-2002, 06:58 PM
AwwsChwA

Originally posted by 1stGenCRXer
Are the front fenders/body work any good?
yes, everything from the rear fenders up is in good condition. I have lots of digital pictures to send. Just let me know what you're looking for, and arrangements can be made. The car is the stock 87 CRX Red. Engine has 146,000 miles on it, runs really well. It passed the leakdown/compression/general inspection test with flying colors. Tranny has 35,000 original miles on it. Suspension, cept for the rear axel, is good.