Notices

Crazy man wantin it all...

Old 10-06-2002, 06:53 AM
kamjin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy man wantin it all...

Okay fellas it has been a long time since me posting here, you may have covered this so bare with me.

I found the mother of all FWD honda motors (in my book) for dirt F**king cheap. I reason to believe that I can get a well runnin H22 for $1000 from a friend. I don't doubt the quality of the motor. I can have this thing dropped into my CRX but I just really need some feed back on what I am going to have on my hands. I don't drive like a manic. I am not going to say I don't race but I don't go lookin for races, nor do I get tryed much. I just want to have sleeper. That can drop on a 'vette with no prob.

Most people say it isn't possible as a daily driver, but think I can pull it off. What do you guys feel, or have heard about CRX's with H22 as a daily driver?
Old 10-06-2002, 07:17 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

the h22a crx can be done...it has been done but requires cutting of the engine bay to get it to fit...hood clearance issues, etc...if you get a good adjustable suspension with sway bars and replace all the stock rubber bushings with polyurethane ones...don't strip the interior in the rear...relocate the battery to the very back of the hatch...maybe even store some lead weights back there...you can dial out some of the handling effects...but when you push that car to its limits in the turns it'll be difficult to control
Old 10-06-2002, 09:13 AM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

just dont drive like a moron... you should be okay-ish

hybrid.honda-perf.org
www.hasport.com
Old 10-06-2002, 09:50 AM
WhiteRice

If you do it, take pics of the process, I wanna see what you have to cut, bend, mold, etc....
Old 10-06-2002, 12:36 PM
excitid

Does anyone know where to find pics of a finished h22 swap into our style cars.
Old 10-06-2002, 04:24 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally posted by excitid
Does anyone know where to find pics of a finished h22 swap into our style cars.
hasport has mounts for this swap...ask them and i'm sure they have hte resources to tell you what to do (gives them a sale)