Notices

engine knocking????

Old 02-04-2007, 02:56 PM
crx dr1v3r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine knocking????

so i have a 89 honda crx and it has a fully ls engine swap in it and yesterday i was driving on the highway and when i got off my car started shutting off and then i started hearing this knocking coming from the engien and i got off and looked and it was coming from the bottom of my engine after that i drove it home and everytime i took it off gear to stop it would shut off but the engine would stil knock when i was in gear .. if i was accelerating it wouldnt knock as much as when im idleling does anyone know what the problem would be?
Old 02-04-2007, 05:06 PM
pinkb18crx
Mr. Honda

Dude my car started doing the exact same thing today and I have a 90 crx with LS swap. Cruising down the highway, all of a sudden power loss, coast to side of highway, car just shuts off. Have it towed home, start it up and tapping from bottom end. I talked to my dad and he had a car do this once before and it was due to too heavy of oil and extreme cold. Here in Ohio its about 2 degrees for the high without the wind. So im gonna put 5w30 in there and see if it stops. If not its more then likely a rod about to go through the crank/block.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:04 AM
SHUA619CIVICSI
1991 CIVIC SI

i bought my civic and when i was going home from la my engien shut off the hose was ripped so i replace it and than 10 min later it shuts off again so i coasted 2 the side and than tryed 2 start it and nothing but knocking so i had 2 get a u haul a tow dolly and tow it from la 2 taft now im just replceing it dont know what i want i change my mind all most every day so its ether a rod or bearing good luck and ne suggestions on a swap