Notices

crx nightmare

Old 12-20-2006, 01:31 PM
laidlowcustomz
INDIANA PIMP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crx nightmare

OK this kid brought me his 91 crx dual port. and an 88 acura with a b16a1 dohc in it and wants me to swap the motor out of the acura into his crx what all am i gonna need as far as having to buy after market items? what i'm wondering is will the motor line up and if i change over the steering nuckels and half shafts out of the the acura?

thanks for the advice in advance!!!!!
Old 12-20-2006, 05:59 PM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

The 88 acura doesnt have a b16.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:11 AM
fortunesk89
CRX/INTEGRA member

if someone did swap a b16a into the integra, you'd have to change the dual point fuel injection to multi. if the axles dont fit you might have to switch nuckles

it'll fit the crx but you have to bash in the driver's side frame rail to fit the alterator and also with a mount set and with some hood web cutting or spacing down of the motor it should fit nicely
Old 12-21-2006, 12:22 PM
laidlowcustomz
INDIANA PIMP

what i was asking was if i switched everything off the integra wiring harness chassey wiring ecu and nuckels axles everything would it work then and we would just have to buy shift linkage?
Old 12-22-2006, 07:26 AM
fortunesk89
CRX/INTEGRA member

im pretty sure that if you modify the stock crx harness that would be better than trying to switch out to the entire harness to the integra one but you could send the two to somewhere and have them combinded together and a plug and play harness, like hasport or rywire

the if you have the shift linkage, it might work or you could shorten it if it is too long by cutting and welding
Old 12-23-2006, 08:12 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by laidlowcustomz
what i was asking was if i switched everything off the integra wiring harness chassey wiring ecu and nuckels axles everything would it work then and we would just have to buy shift linkage?
No, the 86-89 Integra is built on the 3G Civic chassis, while your customer is providing a 4G Civic chassis. The 86-89 Integra D16A is based on the browntop ZC, which does not bolt into 88+ Civic/CRX chassis. The axles are also made for a narrower body car, and the wiring is a bit unique. Tell the customer to provide better parts (blacktop ZC and MPFI components) or and older car (best an 85-87 CRX Si or 86-87 Civic Si.)