Notices

stats on a '86 Civic H/B 1.5L 5-spd

Old 10-04-2002, 10:20 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 1stGenCRXer
If you want some "real" fun :naughty: , you could always ditch the stock carb without the hassle of EFI
I knew you were going to put in a sales pitch for carbs, even though they are not emmissions practical
Old 10-04-2002, 01:20 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Originally posted by Kai
I knew you were going to put in a sales pitch for carbs, even though they are not emmissions practical
Sure they are, just put in some super-lean jets and don't rev above 3k on your way to get tested After that, business as usual
Old 10-04-2002, 06:01 PM
JLAudioFan
I got the SI fever!

im interested... whats yer sales pitch, and what do i have to do? how much?
Old 10-04-2002, 06:53 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Well...
You can pretty much see what I had to do at http://linus.highpoint.edu/~hleach/speed

You need a civic/CRX EFI head (12V), manifold and suitable dual carbs, and a header is highly suggested which means you need a CRX Si oil pan, and since you'll be making more power than honda ever intended that stock clutch to ever handle, you'll need a better clutch, and since an open diff is a PITA to drive with that much power in the rain I'd suggest an LSD, and to make sure it all starts correctly in all weather and all that jazz, you'll need to upgrade the ignition system... so yeah... It's a highly expensive chain of events, but I've been able to stretch my progression over 2 years never leaving my car out of commission for more than a week since it's been put on the road.

To get an initial idea of cost, hit up www.carbs.net look for honda kit #K703, should be about $1200 for the carbs, manifold and linkage.

It's not for everyone, I know, but I guess I get some sadistic pleasure in having people adamently accusing me of having a hybrid
Old 10-05-2002, 06:54 AM
JLAudioFan
I got the SI fever!

yipes! 1200.... maybe when i have money to burn =P

I was hoping like 200 bucks, lol... This is just a daily driver car. Now, I might fix it up after i get my 2000 SI completely done, with a turbo, and all that jazz... but it's prolly not gonna be for a few years.

I'm takin the h/b to a local mechanic on tuesday so he can hook up the horde of vac line up correctly, and do a safety inspection so i can get temp tags. I've already started to pretty the car up some.... tint went on the windows yesterday, and some armourall on the dash... going to vacuum the whole car and clean the inside soon, (hehe and put an air freshener in there... smells like an old car, and i dont like that smell).

Now, i have a question. You know the ashtry that's right below the radio? Is there supposed to be some sort of cage that the radio sits in? Because the part on the ashtry that's spring loaded flips up and hits the head unit as it is right now; then i cant get the ashtray out unless i put the piece down from behind...

Eh, i just got lots of little **** to get fixed.

Oh, btw... NICE job on that carb conversion. It looks GREAT and if i had the money, i would have ordered it just now when i looked at the site
Old 10-05-2002, 07:05 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Originally posted by JLAudioFan
Now, i have a question. You know the ashtry that's right below the radio? Is there supposed to be some sort of cage that the radio sits in? Because the part on the ashtry that's spring loaded flips up and hits the head unit as it is right now; then i cant get the ashtray out unless i put the piece down from behind...
Actually, it sounds like the plastic piece that the ashtray sits in is broken on the front side. You could remove all the screws enough to drop it down and put like a piece of cardboard or something between the dash and that ashtray caddy to keep it from popping up like that. If you have a factory stereo, I don't think there is a cage that goes around it, but I do know that it sounds like you're missing some pieces in there.
Oh, btw... NICE job on that carb conversion. It looks GREAT and if i had the money, i would have ordered it just now when i looked at the site
Heh, thanks, I was just messing with you on suggesting dual carbs, I know they're pricey. If you decide you want a little more pep, but not full out dual carbs, you could always pick up a single weber DGV carb that sits in the stock carb location with the use of an adapter plate.
Old 10-05-2002, 07:12 AM
JLAudioFan
I got the SI fever!

Originally posted by 1stGenCRXer
If you decide you want a little more pep, but not full out dual carbs, you could always pick up a single weber DGV carb that sits in the stock carb location with the use of an adapter plate.
Does the single carb still have a SHIZLOAD of vaccuum hoses? i'm guessing there's around 16 and i don't know where all of em go =P

If you're on AIM send me a message, JLAudioFan
Old 10-05-2002, 07:14 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Originally posted by JLAudioFan
Does the single carb still have a SHIZLOAD of vaccuum hoses? i'm guessing there's around 16 and i don't know where all of em go =P

If you're on AIM send me a message, JLAudioFan
Nah, weber's don't use a lot of vaccum hoses

I'm not on AIM right now, I'll hit you up later.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:37 AM
JLAudioFan
I got the SI fever!

oh yeah. one more thing i wanted to know. What's the engine code? It's not a D series, is it? I have no clue.. havent bothered to look on the block yet though.

Oh yeah... got the car safety inspected today so i can finally drive it legally. It's running like a champ, 'cept it takes a while to idle on it's own when its cold, and dies occasionally when i stop... I figure some it of it has to do with the old oil in there, which im gonna change within the next few days... and the fact that it had a 1/4 tank of bad gas in it. Should run hella better after the gas is all out of the system.

LOL on emore thing... what's it supposed to idle at? I've got it idling around 1250 when its all warmed up.
Old 10-22-2002, 03:40 PM
SlowRexer

D15a1/EW1

unless your canadian but then if you were you wouldnt have all those vac lines either