Notices

91 Crx 1.5 Tbi Stalling In Accelerated Corners--might Stump Even The Best- Please Hlp

Old 12-10-2006, 11:23 AM
6kart12
TOTAL CUSTOMIZED CRX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 Crx 1.5 Tbi Stalling In Accelerated Corners--might Stump Even The Best- Please Hlp

I will try to be quick but I want you to have all the symptoms. My son drives a 91 crx dx with 1.5l with tbi injected. Car runs excellent, no misfires, no eratic idleing.When this car has a full tank of fuel everything is perfect. After driving around 140-150 miles on it( about 6 gallons) the car will stumble heavily in an accelerated(drifting like) turn as well as when you come to a fast stop or going down a steep hill. Now when I mean stummble I mean that your foot is on the gas and the car acts like it is not running and wont accelerate. now with that in mind after you get around the corner 1 of 2 things will happen, either the car will stumble then die or everything will be okay as if nothing has happened and down the road you go. Last night my son said he was coming down a hill at a offramp and it did the same senerio listed above. sometimes when you come to a fast stop at a red light the car idle will drop significantky then possiblly die. last week it dies at a stop light for no reason after a quick stop, car would not fire right back up, let sit for about 2 minutes then it fired up and ran perfect. Now that I got that out this is what I have done. I dropped the fuel tank and cleaned out the tank, replaced fuel pump and strainer and replaced a few fuel lines as well. I also replaced fuel filter. Filled the car up with gas fired right up with excellent fuel pressure. Last night about 150 miles in car did same thing coming down a hill, so problem not solved. Car is not throwing any codes.
OKAY does a 91 crx dx have an inertia swith somewwhere in the car?? What does the 2 way valve on the tank control on this car ??? And is the fuel regulator located in the tb on the intake. Im stumped this problem only occurs after you have used about 5-6 gallons in the tank. Ive checked sensors, dist., and a few other items..Hopefully someone has experienced these problems and has found the fix
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP...I have not replaced the main fuel relay but that does not seem at this time to be the problem due to it would probaly I think happen all the time...
Old 12-18-2006, 08:59 AM
6kart12
TOTAL CUSTOMIZED CRX

Default Anybody Out There

Anybody---heeelllppppppppp
Old 12-18-2006, 09:46 AM
ChrisS

Check the fuel cap. It's supposed to allow air in and stop fuel vapors leaving (via a little one-way valve). But, if the one-way valve is stuck shut, a vacuum will develop in your fuel tank which could cause the engine to be fuel starved.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:12 AM
6kart12
TOTAL CUSTOMIZED CRX

Default I tried that one already

I tried replacing the cap, then I just removed it and that did not help at all, what you are saying sounds good but Im not sre thats the problem. I am going to hook up a universal fuel pump gauge to this thing today to try and isulate the problem to a fuel problem. I figured that since it only happens after 6 gallons of fuel used it will most definatly be a fuel issue. Hell, I have replaced everything Just at a loss. As long as it stays filled up all the way there is no problem but after 6 gallons used 140-150 miles, the problem starts and gets worse. by 180 miles you can hardly even drive the car..
Old 12-18-2006, 10:48 AM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

Check Engine Light/ yes or no?

Fuel Filter?

Main Relay?
Old 12-18-2006, 11:13 AM
6kart12
TOTAL CUSTOMIZED CRX

Default well

No Check Engine Light On At All And No Codes Stored.

I Have Not Replaced The Main Relay Yet Due To I Would Think That It Would Do It All The Time If That Was The Fact, Not Only After Using 6 Gallons Of Fuel
Old 12-18-2006, 11:33 AM
ChrisS

Fuel pickup on the fuel pump might not be where it should be. (fast deceleration, going down a steep hill, or around a sharp corner could be burping air into the fuel lines as the fuel sloshes around in the tank)

Also, if the car has a fuel injector resistor pack heat sync, make sure it's secured to the resistor pack and its mounts on the car body. (a long shot; but, who knows)
Old 12-18-2006, 11:40 AM
18crx
stock booster

so its a dual point and it dies when turning corners.
well ur fuel gauge might be wrong, water in fuel, strainer isnt in the right place, pump has moved outa the holder, does it only take about 6 gallons to filler up or thats how much. and what about the fuel gauge does it read properly.
doubt its mainrelay unless theres a wire broken and it touches somtimes at 160 miles.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:51 AM
6kart12
TOTAL CUSTOMIZED CRX

Default ???

NO DUAL POINT-Dont even know where you came up with that. I just replaced the fuel sendr and yes it is correct. Car only holds 12 gallons of fuel but problem starts after you use approximatly 6 gallons. We have pulled the fuel pump out of the tankk several times and checked it aswell as where it sits, new strainer, new pump, new fuel filter, excellent fuel pressure >>>> fresh gas from different sorces to rule that out
Old 12-18-2006, 11:59 AM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

Originally Posted by 6kart12
NO DUAL POINT-Dont even know where you came up with that. I just replaced the fuel sendr and yes it is correct. Car only holds 12 gallons of fuel but problem starts after you use approximatly 6 gallons. We have pulled the fuel pump out of the tankk several times and checked it aswell as where it sits, new strainer, new pump, new fuel filter, excellent fuel pressure >>>> fresh gas from different sorces to rule that out
There was Dual Port and Multi Port Injection