Notices

91 CRX stolen and stripped

Old 12-05-2006, 10:09 PM
steadycam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 CRX stolen and stripped

3 wks ago stolen, police found 1 wk ago. hood and front end cap gone, rear bumper and deck gone and battery gone. Steering column busted. Everything else still OK. Im female but handy with simple tools like wrench and screwdriver, nothing complicated. I loved this car for 14 great years but now I dont want to invest to put her back together. I would like to contact other CRX owners and let them buy things they need from it. I KNOW how hard it is to find parts for the car and how expensive they are to buy from dealer. It sorta would feel like a person donating a loved one's organs, I guess. This was so painful and I feel so cheated. I was going to keep the car for 30,000 more miles at least. Getting some money from it would also keep me from feeling so shafted by the thieves.

People Ive talked to around here, (Irving, TX) say the CRX is popular with the kids doing street racing, drifting, etc and that a CRX was visible in the Fast and Furious movies.

Can anyone give me advice on how to reach people who might be interested?
Old 12-06-2006, 12:05 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

I take it insurance isn't covering it to get it back on the road?
Old 12-06-2006, 09:09 PM
steadycam

I only carried liability ins on my car. I had no idea my car was valuable to anyone other than me. I did not realize it was a "sought-after" car.
I believed the full coverage was not worth what I would get if totaled it.Buying and installing a front end cap, hood, back deck with all the lamps would probably come to around $7000. That's assuming I could GET the parts. Then there's the paint job to add on. Insurance would have offered me maximum $800. It has 250,000 miles. Am I missing something?
Old 12-06-2006, 09:18 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Just saying if it were me, having the kind of attachment I do with my car, I'd get junkyard parts and keep driving it, even if it didn't look the same as it used to.

But to answer your original question, boards such as this one are about as good a place as any to start parting it out. Ebay will also get you quite an audience. Hard to find parts such as the electronic climate controls, guage cluster, headliner/other interior bits, fenders/bodywork, all those will probably be worthwhile items on ebay, just make sure you don't lose money on shipping.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:33 PM
bigluelok

u should go on the classifide section of the forum or honda-tech.com they have a forum where allot of crx owners r looking for thing for there car
by the way are the seats in good condition if they are how much do u want for them and please include shipping

Last edited by bigluelok; 12-13-2006 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:04 PM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

Originally Posted by steadycam
I had no idea my car was valuable to anyone other than me. I did not realize it was a "sought-after" car.
I know its true for alot of cars, but esspecially a CRX, in stock form, they are worth more in parts than they are complete... Because as you said, the parts are so hard to find now of days... They are also pretty rare compared to many other Hondas... So due to these factors, they are stolen quite alot... Specially with so many people switching from the riced out look to the OEM/JDM look now of days... Not too mention, Honda didnt exactly go 'all out' with security features...

Last edited by Exempt; 12-14-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:11 AM
steadycam

Specially with so many people switching from the riced out look to the OEM/JDM look now of days... Not too mention, Honda didnt exactly go 'all out' with security features...[/QUOTE]

What is riced out?
Old 12-20-2006, 11:21 AM
steadycam

[
by the way are the seats in good condition if they are how much do u want for them and please include shipping[/QUOTE]

The passenger side is almost like new but the driver side seat cover is worn completely thru the fabric from driver sliding in and out for 14 years. Would you call that "good condition"?
Old 12-20-2006, 09:21 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Riced out is outrageous body kits, muffler tips that are oversized for even a Peterbilt, huge wing, hot wheels graphics, rubber band tires on "they just barely fit" wheels, and clear lights everywhere that neons aren't.

MHO anyways
Old 12-20-2006, 09:45 PM
ErichPryde

Default Riced-out car

Riced out, modified, rice-burner, Ricer, Tuner car... you could keep going. apparently if you attach a gi-normous polyurethane wing to your front-wheel drive car and take the front end off, it will go oh-so-much faster.