Notices

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-17-2006, 06:36 PM
papoj4u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats Up Im Here Cause I Really Need Some Help... I Just Bought A 1991 Honda Civic Hb(base Model).i Have A D16z6 Out Of A 94 Civic, I Have Everything Like Ecu,wire Harnness,tranny...etc...that I'll Like To Swap It In To The 91 But I Know The Wiring Is Not The Same That's My Major Concern.i Know If I Put The Wiring Form The 94 It Wouldn't Work Because It Won't Plug In To The Dash And So On.also If I Keep The Stock One In There It Won't Work Either Cause Of The Vtec And The Distibitor.i Really Would't Want To Splice Ani Wiring Or Anything But I Need Some Serious Help From You Experts Out There.ill Like To Mention That I Want To Keep The Z6 The Way It Is Same Distribitor And All It Original Parts....thanx A Million
Old 11-17-2006, 10:53 PM
fortunesk89
CRX/INTEGRA member

first off civic hb base=dpfi only two fuel injectors which means that additional wiring will have to be added not to mention extra injectors. look up dpfi to mpfi conversion on the internet for full details on what is all required
secondly if you dont want to splice wires you will have to pin and depin or spend bunches of money on products from hasport, rywire or some other custom harness manufacture
lastly the d16z6 is from a newer car thus newer OBD system 91hatch=OBD0 and 94civic=OBD1 that means there are a difference in computers no car before 91 had sohc vtec so there wont be a chance of stying in the relm of OBD0 unless you want a RPM activated pressure switch once hit the car will not get extra fuel like in a normal vtec'ed car. so if you want to have the real deal you want to convert obd's which i know many companies make conversion harnesses
(side note) the base model trans will probably be easyer to use since the newer cars also changed the way the clutch is activated in the older ones the trans will probably be by a cable as the newer in your case 94 d16z6 trans is activated by a hydrolic line which is more work but worth it since its newer and usaully in better shape, I hope , the two trans will bolt up to either motor but im pretty sure that the base hatch comes with a 4 speed transmission which is usaully are a lot crapper. sorry for the novel
Old 12-14-2006, 09:19 AM
bigluelok

Hey Can U Post Wut Ever U Find Im Tryn Toi Do That Same Thing Thanx