Notices

B18C1 Turbo or Supercharger?

Old 11-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shorty_boy
Really schmoo? How so (how many psi and would i still need to do the intercooler setup and stuff)? I like the instant power of the S/C without the in dept piping.
a small turbo like a gt28rs will spool quickly and can still support lots of power
Old 11-01-2006, 06:18 PM
2gr84u
2gr84u

Originally Posted by Snoopy
a small turbo like a gt28rs will spool quickly and can still support lots of power
lol its also kinda exspensive lol. I think your gonna be better off with a turbo set up. You can choose a turbo to get the exact powerband your after, and have the potential to grow should you want to. Id say getting a nice t3/t4 would be your best bet, gonna be cheaper and as long as you keep turbine sizing small, like .48 its still gonna spool pretty damn quick on a b18c1 and be able to support a reasonable amount of power.
Do a little research and youll find out that superchargers may not be as simple as you think. Alot of aftermarket supercharger setups have problems tensioners wearing out and or belts wearing out. A properly installed and tuned turbo set up will offer considerbly less headaches.
The most importent thing to remember when boosting is spend the money now on the things that matter, and youll save alot of money in the future
Old 11-01-2006, 06:53 PM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

Originally Posted by 2gr84u
Do a little research and youll find out that superchargers may not be as simple as you think. Alot of aftermarket supercharger setups have problems tensioners wearing out and or belts wearing out. A properly installed and tuned turbo set up will offer considerbly less headaches.
Funny never had any of those problems your research needs tuning. JR changed there old tensioner rollers a while ago and I have had the original belt on mine for a year and a half. BOTH setups have there draw backs and are made for different people and situations. My S/C is great at the autox not so at the strip.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:56 PM
2gr84u
2gr84u

Originally Posted by daveb91
Funny never had any of those problems your research needs tuning. JR changed there old tensioner rollers a while ago and I have had the original belt on mine for a year and a half. BOTH setups have there draw backs and are made for different people and situations. My S/C is great at the autox not so at the strip.
Your but one of thousands with a SC set up, your experience hardly echos for a majority, my research isnt questionable its based on facts easily read on any FI site
Old 11-01-2006, 07:05 PM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

Go to Honda tech and read the 250+ JR thread then come back. i have this setup and have talked to others with this setup I dont comment on turbos because I dont have one. So...... based on what I have read since I have heard of people complaining of turbos with bad seals should I say dont go turbo the shaft seals will constantly go bad? I dont think so. Just my own personal opinion on S/Cs.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:18 PM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

Anyways short boy do your own research there are alot of places and different setups for turbos. For S/C there is a good thread in the FI section at honda tech alot of people there with years of S/C experience this is one of the few places on the net you will find good info on them. Either way get it tuned turbo or S/C.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:43 AM
Snoopy
been there done that

Originally Posted by 2gr84u
lol its also kinda exspensive lol.
i just threw that out there since it was the first thing that came to mind
Old 11-03-2006, 04:51 AM
shorty_boy

thanks guys, i'll head over to honda tech, i have never been there. I would really like a S/C for a few reasons (ex.) most people run turbo, don't wanna go too crazy with boost, etc). However if turbo comes up as better choice, then i may consider it. I really appreciate the help though about Tubo and S/C.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:19 PM
goththg92ferio

super not its not a chevy nova. that would be to much wear and just not good.turbo just turbo
Old 11-08-2006, 02:33 AM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

Originally Posted by goththg92ferio
super not its not a chevy nova. that would be to much wear and just not good.turbo just turbo
What? are you still in grade school? short bus?