Notices

Help my Turbo ZC wont stay alive.

Old 10-28-2006, 03:45 PM
nexgen91
Gearhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help my Turbo ZC wont stay alive.

I got a 90 Turbo ZC CRX I bought it and another one that is not turbo from a guy I know. The clutch needs to be replaced, he included a stage 3 to go in it. Now when I start the car it idles fine, but when I push the gas it stalls out, if I try to move it. He drove it to my house today, but I cant seam to get it moving, I started taking it apart to change the clutch, but I need some info on the above problem so when I get the clutch in I can fix it. I dont know if maybe the clutch has something to do with it or not. I start it go push the butterfky on the IM and it will rev up but when I try the gas, and in gear it wont stay running. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-28-2006, 04:36 PM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

Yea, it sounds like the clutch is probably the same problem with it stalling out... He probably knows the trick to driving it without the clutch... My dad used too know it, something about rev matching the gears and jamming it into gear or something (dont reccomend u do it tho as it can be harsh on the tranny)... Thats probably how he got it to your house earlier...
Old 10-30-2006, 01:51 PM
Ef6-97
STEVE-0

i had my clutch fail and it actually fused to my pressure plate so every time i let off the clutch it bogged WAY down... i had to trailer it home and it was stuck in 2nd gear so i have to rev it up and try to slip it enoug to move the car on a trailer.. it happend on the way back from schooll it was pretty shitty i wasnt a happy camper!
Old 11-01-2006, 12:17 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by Exempt
He probably knows the trick to driving it without the clutch... My dad used too know it, something about rev matching the gears and jamming it into gear or something
It is not that hard, if you know what you are doing it will slip easily into gear. If you can rev match on downshifts, you can probably do it.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:34 AM
90_crx_flaze
Drift King

i used to drive without the clutch all the time when my old clutch i had in the single cam was slipping, it was pretty fun until one day the clutch got stuck engaged, one of the springs on the clutch disenegrated and i had to drive without the clutch to get it to the garage