Notices

Conversion to Manual Gearbox

Old 10-22-2006, 10:20 AM
sputnik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Conversion to Manual Gearbox

I have a 1990 Integra with the ZC SOHC motor. I also have a 1989 EF Civic. The integra motor has blown and I am going to swap the motors over. The civic is a manual so would like to swap that too. Can anyone point me in the correct direction? IS there a link somewhere to do a manual gearbox conversion?
I would be grateful for your help.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:16 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

The conversion involves installing a manual pedal set, shifter and linkage assembly, clutch cable, minor rewiring/ECU swap and possibly changing the mount on the chassis. B-series 90-93 Integras have different mounts on the chassis for auto and manual versions... I don't know about the overseas D-series counterparts.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:51 AM
90_crx_flaze
Drift King

its a bitch gettin in the peddles due to the fact that there is one bolt on top behind the dash, i took a rear auto mount and moved it over and bolted it back up on the next set of holes took off the auto tranny and flex plate then put it all back with manual parts as for wiring i just put a jumper on the thick wirest that went to the stock auto shifter and jump the wires that made the Park light stay on so i could get my key out of ignition, it was a DX so i did multipoint swap at the same time, now its has rear disc brakes and an Si sunroof
Old 11-08-2006, 11:27 AM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

Buy a manual shell....

No headache... Done.