Notices

Honda Noob Intro.

Old 10-02-2006, 06:51 PM
Sneaky Russian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Noob Intro.

Alright. I sold my 92 Nissan 240 sx and got myself an 88 hatch. Never owned a Honda before in my life. Still a big Nissan fan, but already in love with a lil gas sipper. It has original 78 000 miles and it sure was a steal. You guys seam to have quite a community here. So here I am. Appologies in advance on future noob questions. And I'll have a lot of those. Plans for Honda? Tint. That's about it. It will get a new interior (factory), because original smells like cat's poop. I'll post pics later.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:00 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Welcome aboard.

There is a lot of EF Honda nuts here (me being one). Post some details on the car and some pics.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:03 PM
nexgen91
Gearhead

welcome to the wonderfuly addictive world of honda, it will definatly grow on you and before long engine swap will be on the top of your upgrade list. that is if there is not one done already. feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:40 PM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

Change timing belt within the next year h:
Old 10-06-2006, 03:42 PM
MTEng

Originally Posted by F22B Prelude
Change timing belt within the next year h:
er, month.... er, week. Especially important on low mileage cars !!!!!!!

Would not surprise me if that belt is original Many people forget there's a TIME limit, too. 90K miles or 7 years, whichever comes first
Old 10-08-2006, 09:22 PM
Sneaky Russian

Gutted the interior today. I actually bought used seats (front and back) from an 89 hatch. Was really surprised to find out the front seat brackets don't match my floor holes for the bolts. Bizarre!!! Anyway..
While the interior is out, decided to install a kill switch. Still not decided on which to do: fuell pump or ignition or maybe both. Would anybody please redirect me to a write up(if we have any) on how to do kill switches? Thanks in advance guys, and thanks for the welcome!
:thumbup:
Old 10-09-2006, 05:20 PM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread...47797#14747797
Old 10-09-2006, 05:51 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

Welcome mang.

I know you'll have fun with the old hatch. I used to love browsing the junk yards to find stuff to put on my 94 Ex. The bolt holes thing doesn't surprise me because there are just SO many models out there. If you like to mismatch stuff like I did I'm sure you'll find yourself going - I think that'll fit perfectly - and then it's not even close. But it's good wholesome fun. :thumbup:
Old 10-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Sneaky Russian

Originally Posted by bluetwo
Welcome mang.

I know you'll have fun with the old hatch. I used to love browsing the junk yards to find stuff to put on my 94 Ex. The bolt holes thing doesn't surprise me because there are just SO many models out there. If you like to mismatch stuff like I did I'm sure you'll find yourself going - I think that'll fit perfectly - and then it's not even close. But it's good wholesome fun. :thumbup:
Thanks for the link, Racerdave!
I haven't gotten the the junkyard fever yet, but I've already searched a few. There's going to be no engine swap. I've done so much with that Nissan I had, that I need to chill a lil on the upgrades. Reboot or something. Just sort of take time and see what the car really needs. Tint goes first. 25- no more than that. It's taking me 4 days to clean this thing. It's not that it's dirty, I'ts just that I want it really immaculate inside out. Plus with this few miles - it deserves to be clean.
Over
Old 10-19-2006, 02:57 PM
hella si
Hella Si

yes welcome to the darkside..hahahaha...always nice to see a convert. enjoy it my freind.