Notices

Lights on reminder?

Old 07-13-2006, 07:02 AM
zekezank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lights on reminder?

I was wondering if my 91 CRX SI should have a lights on reminder chime when I turn off the car. I had a 91 accord that had one, but so far I haven't found anything that leads me to think the crx has one. I just ask because if its something that I can fix that is broke I would do so, as I have a bad habbit of leaving my lights on after I get to work in the morning. If it didn't come with one does anyone know of anything that can be done to put one in?

Thanks
Old 07-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

As far as I know, no, they didn't.

12v buzzers (such as those from Radio Shack) can be wired in at the fuse box to do the job.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:27 PM
zekezank

Do they make something specific to for that, or are the 'buzzers' something that I would have to wire up a certain way to get it to work. Anymore info on this would be very helpful. Thanks!
Old 07-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

It's just a buzzer with a positive and negitive lead. I forgot exactly what to connect it to, but you can stick it under the light fuse and another fuse that looses power when the car is off.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:48 PM
m735is

piezo buzzer from Radio Shack - about $3.00.
I have mine wired to the fuse for lights and fuse for rear defroster.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

Yep... Piezo buzzer... Connect to the fuse for lights and buzzer... They work great... And have saved me many dead batteries...
Old 07-18-2006, 05:54 PM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

Here is mine and where to hook it up on your fuse box.

Old 07-18-2006, 06:17 PM
zekezank

PacificDude, I looked at my fuse box and where you have that hooked up mine just has those empty places that are labeled 1 and 2.
I was just wondering if that was where you hooked it and had it work?

And just to understand, I hook up the buzzer to the lights and something that is off when the car is off, so that would mean it would buzz when one of the leads was on and one of the leads was off?
Old 07-18-2006, 10:22 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Pretty much. When the buzzer is getting +12v from both sides, nothing happens. When it gets +12v from the lights and a ground from the other side (when the car is off,) it will be obnoxious as hell.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:06 PM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

Originally Posted by zekezank
PacificDude, I looked at my fuse box and where you have that hooked up mine just has those empty places that are labeled 1 and 2.
I was just wondering if that was where you hooked it and had it work?

And just to understand, I hook up the buzzer to the lights and something that is off when the car is off, so that would mean it would buzz when one of the leads was on and one of the leads was off?
Yes, that is where mine is hooked up and it works just like it should. I actually got my buzzer off Ebay for a couple bucks and it had instructions with it when it arrived. I've had it installed for over a year and I'm pleased with it. Although I can't remember if it had connectors on the + & - ends, or if I crimped some on myself. If you pick up a buzzer get a couple connectors to fit the fuse box connections, rather than trying to stuff the wires in there.