Notices

CRX Amplifier

Old 07-04-2006, 06:03 PM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CRX Amplifier

Hey guys. Picked up an 89 CRX Si on Friday. I have a couple amps that I'm going to be putting in. I was thinking of fabricating up a hinged steel rack that goes in the little compartment behind the seats. I want to make it hinged so I can still use that space.
Where does everyone else have their amplifiers? My subwoofer will be taking up most of the trunk and I can't think of anywhere else to put it, other than making a hinged rack that goes over the spare tire.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Back in my audio days, I just screwed my amp to the top or back of my box. You aren't supposed to do that due to the vibration, but my Sony amp was a trooper.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:23 PM
90CvcDX
kekeke

most people i know with crx's place them on the front where the "backseats" are supposed to be... if you can tuck the wires away good it'll look really nice. The problem with this is you risk having your car broken into and the amps stolen.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:26 PM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Yeah. I just tried putting one of my amps there and it would barely close over it. One end of the lid is bent up.
Perhaps I'll fab something up to go over the spare tire. Or put the amps under that tray.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:53 AM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

My amp actually fits right inside that compartment behind the seats. I just ran the wires under the compartment and carpet, and since my battery's been relocated to the back, a short run through the rear plastic interior moulding. I used the seat bracket bolt as a ground.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:10 AM
zekezank

I was wondering how to lay ouy my stereo for my new crx also.
After I got all the engine mods done, I was going to put a simple but decent stereo in. I was thinking of putting an amp rack on top of the lid of the compartment in the back. Then I was thinking of maybe just running 1 really good sub, like a cerwin vega stroker 12 or 15 in a box in the back, that I could unhook to get to the spare tire. I have run before without a spare and it always makes me mad when I would get a flat.
For those with a battery in the back, I was thinking about doing that, but does that also not allow you to use a spare tire?
Any pictures or descriptions of people who are happy with their setup would be great.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:15 AM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

You could relocate the battery with the spare tire still there. You just have to be a little creative. Unfortunately the previous owner of my crx relocated the battery right where the spare tire would sit, so there's no spare tire for me.
If you could fit the amp inside the compartment behind the seats, it looks great, and it doesn't reveal an amp sitting around your car.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:24 PM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

How much do the trays run? It they aren't very expensive I might just shave down the sides so it fits nicely. Or I might just take out my spare completely. My parents have AAA, so its fine..
Old 07-08-2006, 06:13 PM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Originally Posted by MarshyTheKid
How much do the trays run? It they aren't very expensive I might just shave down the sides so it fits nicely. Or I might just take out my spare completely. My parents have AAA, so its fine..
The compartment behind the seats? Well... brand new I think it's around 100bucks, but I picked mine up from a parts yard for 12 bucks!
Old 07-08-2006, 08:25 PM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Hmm. I might have to shave mine down to fit it.