Notices

can clogged injectors...

Old 06-18-2006, 12:07 PM
redcivicforever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can clogged injectors...

cause a car not to go when you step on gas? but then get a slow surge afterward or would this be simptimatic of other issues more likely? Thanks

Last edited by redcivicforever; 06-18-2006 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:05 PM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Sounds like another issue. Maybe clogged catalytic converter, incorrect distributor timing, or possibly bad spark plugs/wires.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:25 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

you need to check everything! Plugs, wires, fuel filter, rotor, cap, timing, run LUCAS injector cleaner.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:25 PM
redcivicforever

Default ok, here's the thing...

I had engine overhauled for worn rings 6,000 miles ago but had been burning oil real bad before that & smoking due to that. Catalytic could be likely, right? from smoking long-term that could've clogged catalytic couldn't it? I've on very few occasions smelled rotten egg sulpur type smell I'm told is common from bad/clogged catalytic converter.

Also if it was distributor how hard is that to check? it's been a long time since I had the distributor changed.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:31 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by redcivicforever
Also if it was distributor how hard is that to check? it's been a long time since I had the distributor changed.
Easy if you have a timing gun (timing light.) Igntion timing can wander as the car ages for various reasons, it doesn't hurt to check.

Your problem does sound like some sort of electrical issue. Have you checked the throttle position sensor yet? It can cause odd issues like that. Look for 0.45ohm-4.5+ohm from closed to open with no spikes or opens between.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:06 PM
redcivicforever

Originally Posted by Kai
Easy if you have a timing gun (timing light.) Igntion timing can wander as the car ages for various reasons, it doesn't hurt to check.

Your problem does sound like some sort of electrical issue. Have you checked the throttle position sensor yet? It can cause odd issues like that. Look for 0.45ohm-4.5+ohm from closed to open with no spikes or opens between.
I've been told to get new tps for some other issues I've been having intermittently so it sounds right on and I will have it checked soon as I get the cash thanks again for the info Kai.