Notices

What is a STD hatch

Old 06-15-2006, 08:01 AM
jlicrx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mistacee
One other thing to look for also is that it has no shifter console, just the shifter sticking through the floor with a rubber shift boot.
yeah, forgot that one - also forgot that STD doesn't have a front sway bar and the lower control arms don't even have the holes for attaching the sway bar
Old 06-20-2006, 09:45 AM
extensioncordy
EG6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i believe there are many diffrent version on the std. i have one it has a d15b2. its a 4 speed and it has the front sway bar. mine has both mirrors and a shifter console. some STD had an 8valve head like the EG's cx or the HF crx. but 91 and maybe 90 had the d15b2 with a 16 valve head. mpfi is an easy swap if you have some electrical skill. after buying my car and it had already been converted to MPFI we used my car as a guide to doing my friends crx it went 18.6 in the 1/4 mile and now he is capale of mid to low 16's his first time down the track after the swap was a 16.7 and he didnt launch very good and bogged down (basically im saying if you can find the parts cheap do it. well worth the time) it only took us about 2 hours