Notices

replacement clutch

Old 06-13-2006, 08:41 PM
oakpwr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacement clutch

my clutch is shot in my crx . for everyday driving on a stock 89 crx si, in your opinion what is the best replacement clutch? keep in mind that my crx is a daily driver and i dont want a heavy puck clutch.

i was thinking centerforce dual friction cuz thats what i had on my accord. pedal pressure wasnt bad at all and it stuck pretty good.

i plan to order it online then have it installed. anyone have a good recommendation for a good mechanic for the install in the so cali, orange county area?
Old 06-13-2006, 11:49 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

For a stock CRX?

Go down to your local parts store and buy a stock replacement. It will be cheaper then an aftermarket performance clutch and will produce the same results since you don't need a stronger clutch.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:54 PM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

I would just stick to an oem or "stage 1"(which usually offers higher clamping load, but still can be daily driven) clutch replacement if you don't plan on modding the engine to higher power levels. I think the best thing is to change to a lightened flywheel and stage 1 clutch. The engine will be quite a bit more responsive with a combo like that. Fidanza or Unorthodox make good flywheels, and ClutchMasters, ACT and Centerforce are also notable companies for clutches.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:22 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

I 2nd that!
Old 06-14-2006, 05:09 PM
monzster

no mods stay stock - exedy or danian