Notices

Seattle: yello '90 CRX Si stolen, tell me if you see it

Old 07-07-2006, 03:15 PM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a place in Everett that has a few CRX's in your Gen.

I am headed there tonight to pick up some parts for mine.

PM me and I can send you the website I found them at.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:53 AM
sounds

Originally Posted by Pete
Yikes, isn't the insurance company going to help you out? I mean, assuming you had comprehensive coverage.
I have comprehensive, but the insurance company is valuing the car about $1,000 less than what I would like. People always complemented me on the condition of my car, and couldn't believe it was 16 years old. So I feel justified in hoping for around $3,500 (less deductible and such). But the insurance company is starting around $2,000 (less than $2,500) and going down from there. They also seem to be ignoring the brand new $1,500 wheels and tires (SSR 15" 5-spoke, 8.x lb, with YOKOHAMA ES-100 tires), which just adds to the "ouch" !!!!

Plus, they want to "total" the car, which puts a mark in my title record, and the title has to change hands a couple of times. I'd rather just put $2,000 worth of upgrades (removable racing steering wheel, etc.) and tell the insurance to piss off. Then cancel my comp.

Anyone have an opinion on whether I lose significant resale value by changing from a single-owner title record to one with a "totalled" entry?
Old 07-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

I think in a case like that it sats "theft recovery" which is alot better in my eyes than a "salvaged"... Which means it was wrecked once and rebuilt... But I dont know for sure... But either way, if you went to resell it, you could always explain it was stolen and im sure new owner wouldnt have a problem...
Old 07-18-2006, 02:57 PM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

IMO I would never buy a salvaged car, unless it was a parts car.